The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

37 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

You can have your laundry done as often as you want but you will pay for it. 

Thank you for your response.  I am wondering if you can send out full bags of laundry for one price or do you need to pay by the item (with the exception of the one time offer mid cruise.)  How many bags do we get for the mid cruise offer, one per stateroom or is it one per occupant?

Thank you again.

15 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

I talked to my CC yesterday about a hotel in Rome. It doesn’t show any available for our cruise but she told me it’s much cheaper if we just book them ourselves. 

At least you got an honest answer from NCL.  I keep being told I am waitlisted for pre, and post cruise hotel stays in Rome.  They certainly added to my stress level by not just telling me that I'll need to book hotels by myself as they aren't offering any.  For me, one of the most important characteristics of a cruise line is their reliability.  After this whole Rome hotel waitlist misrepresentation, NCL is not getting a passing grade for reliability.  I have to admit that it makes me wonder what else have they misrepresented to me...  My cruise has already had three itinerary changes, each time we either lose a port or amount of time in ports.  Now, I'm wondering what shoe is going to drop next before my cruise.

• Like 1

Has anyone here been in the Haven out of Seattle recently? I was reading that they don't have anytime Haven boarding there, and they make everyone wait in the main line outside the port and inside at security. If that's the case I'll need to call and change the arrangements I made for my mom's scooter.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:46 PM, Sthrngary said:

@amygutman Wow that was GREAT.  Thank you for the shout out.  Much appreciated.  I will lay odds who you talked with was Maria.  I also have had the best conversations with her and her wonderful staff. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

@Sthrngary on the nose as usual. Maria is definitely one of our favorites. Kind, funny and encyclopedic knowledge of all of the ships and quirks. 

Plus...she has fantastic access re: upcoming sales, sailings, "hidden" perks and special events. She puts the "personal touch" into everything she does. 

Warmest, Amy

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 4:18 PM, amygutman said:

... arranged for a kettle to be in the room along with the coffee maker for my British friend who was horrified at the thought of boiling her tea water in a coffee maker 😂.

Just another Haven perk I know @Sthrngary has mentioned many times before. Many people under-utilize but I have found the pre-concierge to be so helpful - especially with herding all of the cats that comes with arranging a cruise with international travelers.

104 Days To Go!!!!!

Warmest, Amy

Wow! I want the tea kettle too!!!

When do they usually contact you? I got some e-mail related to Haven. But never read it :)))

Maybe that was the concierge? :))) 

Now I will make sure I rummage through my emails to find it. 

Thank you for the tip. You made my day with this tea-pot info. I was under impression on NCL tea-pots are not allowed (though we had them on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean). 

Edited by JoieNsk

About contacting pre-cruise concierge.

Can you e-mail them? 

I found the e-mail about Haven. It is very general e-mail, but it does have the phone number to call.

Can somebody please explain me - what advance dining reservations are for? Are they for specialty dining? We are not into specialty dining, we have the port intensive itinerary. So our plan is to eat in Haven restaurant for sit-down meals, and buffet - for other meals.

I would like to book couple SPA appointments though. We are 112 days out. And NCL web-site shows that SPA stuff is not available to book.

Sorry, we are totally new to NCL, so my questions might sound stupid. 

Thank you in advance for any info.

Edited by JoieNsk

8 hours ago, amygutman said:

@Sthrngary on the nose as usual. Maria is definitely one of our favorites. Kind, funny and encyclopedic knowledge of all of the ships and quirks. 

Plus...she has fantastic access re: upcoming sales, sailings, "hidden" perks and special events. She puts the "personal touch" into everything she does. 

Warmest, Amy

Can you explain please If pre cruise concierge is for booked sailings in the Haven. What is all of this: She has fantastic access re: upcoming sales, sailings, "hidden" perks and special events? 

On 6/12/2023 at 6:57 AM, Daniel A said:

Thank you for your response.  I am wondering if you can send out full bags of laundry for one price or do you need to pay by the item (with the exception of the one time offer mid cruise.)  How many bags do we get for the mid cruise offer, one per stateroom or is it one per occupant?

Thank you again.

Done like in a hotel.  Each piece has a cost.  That is NCL policy.  Now when you go on other ships, especially the ones that have much longer itineraries, they have some free laundry and also washer/dryers on each floor. What I am trying to say is, NCL to my knowledge regardless of stateroom has no laundry privileges. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JoieNsk said:

Can you e-mail them? 

@JoieNsk I have emailed and called.  The call always gets a much better result than the email.  Just my experience. 

what advance dining reservations are for? Are they for specialty dining?

Yes, Specialty Dining.  In the Haven you can do this 130 days in advance.  I always look forward to that date and have exactly want dates/times I want.  Part of the fun for me.  Remember for 3 people, book 4.  for 5 people book 6. 

I would like to book couple SPA appointments though. We are 112 days out.

Book the moment you get on the ship. Go direct to the spa, do not pass go.  That way you get on early, you get the spa treatments you want before anyone else.  Very rare to have the ability to do so pre-cruise.  The spa is a different company than NCL. 

Your questions are not stupid.  This is a huge thread, most of them have been answered over and over again which means that are popular questions.  The core of your questions seems to be what other brands do and don't do.  Or else you are new to cruising which I am not sure you are.  Seems you have a pretty good handle on what will make your cruise excellent.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@JoieNsk I have emailed and called.  The call always gets a much better result than the email.  Just my experience. 

Yes, Specialty Dining.  In the Haven you can do this 130 days in advance.  I always look forward to that date and have exactly want dates/times I want.  Part of the fun for me.  Remember for 3 people, book 4.  for 5 people book 6. 

Book the moment you get on the ship. Go direct to the spa, do not pass go.  That way you get on early, you get the spa treatments you want before anyone else.  Very rare to have the ability to do so pre-cruise.  The spa is a different company than NCL. 

Your questions are not stupid.  This is a huge thread, most of them have been answered over and over again which means that are popular questions.  The core of your questions seems to be what other brands do and don't do.  Or else you are new to cruising which I am not sure you are.  Seems you have a pretty good handle on what will make your cruise excellent.  

Not for nothing but I spoke to the pre-cruise concierge last Friday and inquired about a couples massage for my wife and I.  I asked if I should make it once on board and she said she could note what day and time I wanted.  I'll be sure to confirm this on embarkation day immediately.  Is there a spot in the Haven where we would get our massages or just head to the spa? I ask as I thought I read somewhere that there are massage rooms just off the courtyard area, but I may be mistaken.

4 minutes ago, Branbay said:

Not for nothing but I spoke to the pre-cruise concierge last Friday and inquired about a couples massage for my wife and I.  I asked if I should make it once on board and she said she could note what day and time I wanted.  I'll be sure to confirm this on embarkation day immediately.  Is there a spot in the Haven where we would get our massages or just head to the spa? I ask as I thought I read somewhere that there are massage rooms just off the courtyard area, but I may be mistaken.

I have done the same thing, I recommend, just go to the spa.  The note is not consistent enough.  Please remember my over all strategy.  Realistic expectations.  All I really care about is having the spa treatment on the day and time I want it.  It is not done, until I can confirm it done.  If I think it will be done for me and it is not, I am not a happy camper.  My two cents only.

29 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I have done the same thing, I recommend, just go to the spa.  The note is not consistent enough.  Please remember my over all strategy.  Realistic expectations.  All I really care about is having the spa treatment on the day and time I want it.  It is not done, until I can confirm it done.  If I think it will be done for me and it is not, I am not a happy camper.  My two cents only.

Thank you, Gary, that's what I plan on doing.  Your advice is always appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Yeah... e-mails take at least a day or two before they get back to you, and I just get antsy and end up calling before that anyway.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Thank you! We sure will!

So with NCL you can't book SPA in advance?! 

Again - very different from other cruise lines!

I always try to book SPA in advance, as I want them only on certain days/times. So I don't have any disruptions with my more important plans.

Because for me personally - SPA is nice. But on the cruise (especially in Europe or some other exciting destination) - I more care about spending my sweet time in the ports, about seating at the balcony with my champagne for sailaway etc. I like to go to bed early enough, so I would be alive next day for the new port!

The SPA, dining, shows are much lower priority for me down my list.

Edited by JoieNsk
  • Thanks 1

Another novice question, sorry :)))

How is the room service on NCL?

I like to have room-service breakfast on the port days, so I can eat and get ready at the same time, and even look out of the balcony what is going on on the pier.

I read somewhere that you can get room-service breakfast from Haven restaurant? It that right? And if this is right - how do you go about it? On the other cruise lines they give you a paper hanger you fill out the evening before and put on your door. The selection is very simple usually.

I was wondering if you can order from Haven restaurant - it might be something more lively?

Thank you in advance for the info!

36 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

I was wondering if you can order from Haven restaurant - it might be something more lively?

Thank you in advance for the info!

Room service for breakfast from the Haven is available only to Haven guests.

If you are a Haven guest, you simply tell  your butler what you want and when  you want it.

Also if anybody here knows what do they give to you in the room when you board? We are in two-bedroom Haven cabin on Mediterranean itinerary.

What kind of alcohol should we expect to find in the room? Maybe some fruit too?

I always want to have some fruit and cheese in the room, when we board. As we somehow manage to board too late for the lunch. And then we have troubles finding any food on board - till the dinner time :)))) I know, it's ridiculous :))) But it happened to us more than twice lastly :)))) We could not stop laughing when we finally found some burgers on the pool desk. We always feel like - Oh, we are on the cruise - there is plenty of food here. And then we end up starving on the first day :))))

7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Room service for breakfast from the Haven is available only to Haven guests.

If you are a Haven guest, you simply tell  your butler what you want and when  you want it.

So I can just discuss with the butler in the beginning, that I want room service breakfast from Haven on certain days? I guess why not. I hope they have some form to fill. 

I would just rather do it right away. So I don't have to remember to ask them every time.

25 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

So I can just discuss with the butler in the beginning, that I want room service breakfast from Haven on certain days? I guess why not. I hope they have some form to fill. 

I would just rather do it right away. So I don't have to remember to ask them every time.

Yes, but best to give them a reminder a day ahead, also. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

Your butler will stop by your cabin on embarkation day.  At that time you'll have an opportunity to discuss your wishes.  You can ask for anything served for breakfast anywhere on the ship.  You can give him a standing order or  you can change it everyday, doesn't matter.  You will also have a phone in your cabin you can use to contact your butler.  I think there was a form, but I'm not certain of that.  We only did breakfast in our room one time.  IIRC, we told the butler we wanted coffee at 0630 everymorning.  Then we went to the Haven restaurant for breakfast later.  You can give the butler permission to enter your cabin without waking you.  The butler will leave your order on the counter/table.

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

Many people give the butler a short letter on the first day with information like what they like for breakfast and what time they'd like it, any food allergies or dislikes, what days you'll be getting off the ship, and general information like that. That way he doesn't need to just remember everything about everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoieNsk said:

I read somewhere that you can get room-service breakfast from Haven restaurant? It that right?

@JoieNsk Short answer is that is correct.  Instruction for you.  On day one when you meet your butler, tell them you want he menu's from the Haven in your suite and you want all your room service from the Haven Restaurant if it is open at the time.  This means, if not on the Menu, you have to use normal room service which is awful.  

54 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

What kind of alcohol should we expect to find in the room?

NONE.  You can order alchol to the room even with a butler, regardless of drink program without it being fully charged to your account.  My advice is, tell the butler to take out all your "FOR PURCHASE" items so you don't get charged. 

The Sparkling wine you get on day one which is horrible is complementary. 

Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@JoieNsk Short answer is that is correct.  Instruction for you.  On day one when you meet your butler, tell them you want he menu's from the Haven in your suite and you want all your room service from the Haven Restaurant if it is open at the time.  This means, if not on the Menu, you have to use normal room service which is awful.  

NONE.  You can order alchol to the room even with a butler, regardless of drink program without it being fully charged to your account.  My advice is, tell the butler to take out all your "FOR PURCHASE" items so you don't get charged. 

The Sparkling wine you get on day one which is horrible is complementary. 

Hope that helps. 

If I have the beverage package and ask the butler to stock drinks in the room, is that covered under the beverage package?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

The Sparkling wine you get on day one which is horrible

This is not just a bougie people opinion either... it's objectively awful. People on my music cruises (where they'd give every cabin a bottle for free) often left it behind after the cruise. It's undrinkable except as mimosas.

• Like 1