The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

2 hours ago, knscruiser322 said:

Sorry to derail again, but I have a question that probably would get answered here first. How long does the specialty dining normally take?

I noticed all the shows start around 7PM and my dining reservations are at 5:30PM. My wife does NOT like rushing dinner at all. I'm curious should I just have the shows on a night where I don't have specialty dining.

Where are you seeing which shows are on your cruise?  Concierge told me that they don't release that information until 26 days before.  

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Where are you seeing which shows are on your cruise?  Concierge told me that they don't release that information until 26 days before.  

Thank you.

I believe I saw it on one of the past freestyle dailies. For NCL Joy, it hasn't changed much according to a lot of the posts I've read on the boards.

I've also spoken to the Haven concierge and she mentioned to me that ideally they have the early showings at 6 or 7:30PM and 9PM and on for the later ones on Sea Days. They normally try to fit another showing on the last port day since the port day is shorter and not overnight. This is for the NCL Joy when I asked since I'm sailing on this one.

Good thing is she said I can always reschedule my dining times to another day at the same time if it conflicts with the showtime.

Edited by knscruiser322
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, knscruiser322 said:

I might have to wait for the 25 day window to open for the shows, book the shows and then reschedule any dining if I have to.

That's the thing to do... however, most production shows will have two seatings (with the second being at 9:30), so if you really like the dinner and a show idea and you can stay up that late then that's also an option.

Another question on the complimentary juices/tea that the Haven offers. I specified for them unsweetened ice tea. Do they leave this in the mini-fridge so it is there when I arrive?

How often is it replenished? Can I note this in my butler letter?

I had my premium drinking package removed because my wife does not drink alcohol and I am not a big drinker as well so I wouldn't make full use of this package. All she drinks are juices, teas and the occasional soda.

Edited by knscruiser322

20 minutes ago, knscruiser322 said:

Another question on the complimentary juices/tea that the Haven offers. I specified for them unsweetened ice tea. Do they leave this in the mini-fridge so it is there when I arrive?

How often is it replenished? Can I note this in my butler letter?

I had my premium drinking package removed because my wife does not drink alcohol and I am not a big drinker as well so I wouldn't make full use of this package. All she drinks are juices, teas and the occasional soda.

Feel free to note this in your butler letter. You can also let the pre-cruise concierge know. You'll likely find the iced tea in the fridge upon embarkation. We have on two of our last four cruises. We did have one cruise where the butler forgot to refill the iced tea, but after asking it was refilled every single time it dropped below 1/3rd full. 

If you don't request it from the pre-cruise concierge, you may need to wait a few hours for the butler to come to your room so you can request it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Feel free to note this in your butler letter. You can also let the pre-cruise concierge know. You'll likely find the iced tea in the fridge upon embarkation. We have on two of our last four cruises. We did have one cruise where the butler forgot to refill the iced tea, but after asking it was refilled every single time it dropped below 1/3rd full. 

If you don't request it from the pre-cruise concierge, you may need to wait a few hours for the butler to come to your room so you can request it. 

Thanks for letting me know! Yes, I've requested it from the pre-cruise concierge and I will go ahead and also note that in my letter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

The shows are great so move the dining .

I agree, I always plan my dinner reservations around the shows. One of the main reasons why I even chose NCL is because I enjoy the shows. It troubles me that many of the shows I enjoy the most, will no longer be a part of the NCL cruise.

Cruise well, and enjoy every moment

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

It troubles me that many of the shows I enjoy the most, will no longer be a part of the NCL cruise.

I'm sad to lose them too, but we don't know yet what's coming to replace them. If it wasn't for change there would be no butterflies, or cheese.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, McGarrett5oh said:

Question for @Sthrngary and any others:

Once past the final payment date, if the stateroom in the Haven you've reserved and PAID in full, drops in price substatially, is there any opportunity to try to get the lower price from NCL? 

This is a direct reservation (no TA involved this time).

Thank you,

I’m on a July 1 sailing that had a substantial price decrease recently.  Many people called and were told they would get a FCC for half of the difference.  Others (like myself) took advantage of the decrease to score a Haven upgrade.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2023 at 1:49 PM, cruiseny4life said:

If available, your butler could bring them to you. It depends on if you have them. You can request these through the pre-cruise concierge, but your experience may be different from others. You just really can't know until you get on the ship.

As for outlets - have you confirmed this for your specific room/category? In my experience, there are more than two outlets. I've cruised in a Haven Penthouse (not courtyard) on Getaway, an aft Haven w/ master bedroom on Getaway and a Haven Suite on Joy. All three of these rooms had at least four, if not more outlets (double plug outlets). You might be pleasantly surprised by the number of outlets. Or, you could be correct depending on the ship and suite category.

With three of us traveling with multiple devices each, I just bring a power strip with me so I don’t have to worry about it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Million Dollar Quartet

That one hasn't gotten the axe yet, and I'm looking forward to it for my fall trip on Getaway! I'm happy to see Six on my 4th of July trip on Bliss, before it closes... I saw the debut show on Breakaway, too.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 9:26 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Don't say such things! The Nespresso is not quite as good as my espresso maker at home, but surely way better than any Keurig-made coffee I've ever had. I know, espresso ain't for everyone, especially when you just want a cup of joe...and that French Press is strong (which is why I love it)! NCL has my kind of coffee down...now if they could if a middle of the road, not swill, for others! 

Has anyone tried making an Americano by running an espresso pod through the Nespresso, then just running hot water without a pod?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, LiMurr said:

Has anyone tried making an Americano by running an espresso pod through the Nespresso, then just running hot water without a pod?

I feel like my roommate used to like, long press the button on our Essenza machine and it would essentially make an Americano by doing that

Edit: I was wrong. She would run a "blank" of the bigger size first, then 2 shots using the smaller size. 

The long press was to reprogram the actual size of the shots, so the big one was like a full cup of coffee size. 

Edited by NikkiPoooo27
Correction
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, NikkiPoooo27 said:

They won't work in the Nespresso machines... they only use the original style pods and they just make single shots.

That's what I'm bringing. There are three different size pods for the original design, and you can make regular coffee with them. If it isn't to my taste, I can just ask for a real coffee maker.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O6FU8TI/?coliid=I1F3JGB3HPXZGY&colid=34MO2NBIGWUJK

Edited by omahabob

22 minutes ago, omahabob said:

That's what I'm bringing. There are three different size pods for the original design, and you can make regular coffee with them. If it isn't to my taste, I can just ask for a real coffee maker.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O6FU8TI/?coliid=I1F3JGB3HPXZGY&colid=34MO2NBIGWUJK

The Haven Nespresso machines are the Citiz model. There is only one size pod, and the machine makes 2 different shots, espresso or lungo (more water, brewed longer... I think it tastes burnt). My former roommate said you can program the size of the shots by long pressing the buttons, but I'm not 100% sure how that works. 

The pods you linked are the correct ones, but those are very similar to what will be provided in the suite. They provide the black ristretto pods along with lungo (the gold pods) and decaf (blue). I wouldn't bring any with you, unless you really want to try a different variety (I personally like the Peet's brand a little better, but not enough to make it worth hauling a week's worth in my suitcase)... the butler will bring you as many as you need. They can also bring steamed milk if you like to make a latte.

• Like 1

The original model Nespresso machines accept three pod sizes, Ristretto (.85oz), Espresso (1.35oz), and Lungo (3.7oz). The machines also have a cup size setting in the menu you can change to vary the strength. They're intended to coincide with the three pod sizes, but you can set them any way you want, so you can play with weaker or stronger blends. The newer model Vertuo machines take six different size pods, but Norwegian doesn't have those so far.