Explorer of the Seas

suzk2275a

We sneaked down the hall to our aft Junior Suite at 1:40 PM and they made the cabin announcement at 1:50 PM. 

We sailed on Jan 30.

BTW, they opened up check-in at 12:10 PM and porters set up baggage receiving at 10 AM.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sobro said:

We sneaked down the hall to our aft Junior Suite at 1:40 PM and they made the cabin announcement at 1:50 PM. 

We sailed on Jan 30.

BTW, they opened up check-in at 12:10 PM and porters set up baggage receiving at 10 AM.

What was your scheduled arrival time for check in? 

1 minute ago, Sobro said:

Scheduled at 1PM, and with a JS officially could check-in at noon. But with 25% of capacity actually sailing, they weren't looking at check-in times.

I was on that cruise.  Got in my Jr suite are 1pm.   And it was ready before that.   
I thought it was 1300 people at 40% capacity from all the employees I talked too.  
check in was a breeze just a short wait outside till the started letting people onboard.   

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What was your scheduled arrival time for check in? 

Mine was originally 1pm but with the key was 12pm.  But no one even checked that.   The key was a waste for this trip.    

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Mine was originally 1pm but with the key was 12pm.  But no one even checked that.   The key was a waste for this trip.    

Thanks. We have a 1PM scheduled time. Not in a suite. Was Studio open for the ice show and quest?  

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. We have a 1PM scheduled time. Not in a suite. Was Studio open for the ice show and quest?  

Dave, different ships I realize, but the ice show was open on both Oasis in October and Allure December Holiday sailings.  Did not see Quest scheduled on either, however.  Might still be a restart thing with Covid?  (BTW my wife is a two time winner and one time second place player - going back a few years!  I'm a content observer. Good times!)

Oasis we did not board until 3, but on Allure we were on by 12:30 - staterooms open and ready both times.  SeaPass awaiting at the stateroom door.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Dave, different ships I realize, but the ice show was open on both Oasis in October and Allure December Holiday sailings.  Did not see Quest scheduled on either, however.  Might still be a restart thing with Covid?  (BTW my wife is a two time winner and one time second place player - going back a few years!  I'm a content observer. Good times!)

Oasis we did not board until 3, but on Allure we were on by 12:30 - staterooms open and ready both times.  SeaPass awaiting at the stateroom door.

Mike, thanks for the info. I have been reading the same from others concerning the ice show and Quest. Bummer about Quest as we really enjoy it. We are observers also but having said that I've been down to my boxers even as an observer. 😁We were on a first place team once (our section). Never thought the last time I yelled, "this Quest is closed" might be my last time for awhile. 

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Mike, thanks for the info. I have been reading the same from others concerning the ice show and Quest. Bummer about Quest as we really enjoy it. We are observers also but having said that I've been down to my boxers even as an observer. 😁We were on a first place team once (our section). Never thought the last time I yelled, "this Quest is closed" might be my last time for awhile. 

You are a braver man than I!  When my wife won she was one of the floor team runners - quite an experience.  Interesting watching the inhibitions of a late middle aged (at the time) woman shed away for the sake of dressing a man up in women's clothing to run wild and half naked around the stage.  All for a few trinkets or maybe a cheap bottle of champagne.  But I do miss those days.....and so does she!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sobro said:

We sailed on Jan 30.

Were the fire doors still closed when you sneaked down the hall before the announcement was made?

• 4 weeks later...

I just sailed on Explorer:  2/27 - 03/06. Cabins were ready right at 2pm. 

The Ice Show was happening and while it was super cheesy, it was probably my favorite of the evening entertainment, partially because it was so wierd. Best watched not sober. The nicest thing I can say about the broadway-style shows in the theatre were that they were underwhelming, although the 2 male featured singers were pretty talented. There's a campy, piano bar singer that performs in the Schooner bar many nights that was pretty entertaining also. 

Traveling on Explorer of the Seas out of Puerto Rico in a few weeks.  What do I all need to do regarding Covid?

* I have BinaxNOW thru RCCL.  I created an Abbott account, but I don't see a place to make an appointment.

* just upload vaccine cards to Royal App?

* fill out a day of RCCL health survey?

* nothing to fill out for PR?

2 hours ago, soccer2010 said:

* I have BinaxNOW thru RCCL.  I created an Abbott account, but I don't see a place to make an appointment.

* just upload vaccine cards to Royal App?

* fill out a day of RCCL health survey?

You don’t make an appointment- when you are ready to test just open the app and start ( wait time depends on the time of day). 
Yes. 
Yes.