ORION -Noisy cabins ? 6072-6094

rosewood jo

20 minutes ago, rosewood jo said:

World cafe is above these rooms.   Anyone stayed in any of these cabins?   They are PV1.    Just wondered if u  hear noise from above????

We stayed in 6073 and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. We never heard any noise - then again, we were rarely in the cabin during meal time. Nights were totally quiet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Lower cabin numbers are toward the entrance to the World Cafe but how about those higher number cabins that are mostly under the Aquavit Terrace? I have heard that they are noisy due to the hard deck above. Please comment.

26 minutes ago, rondyu said:

Lower cabin numbers are toward the entrance to the World Cafe but how about those higher number cabins that are mostly under the Aquavit Terrace? I have heard that they are noisy due to the hard deck above. Please comment.

We booked a PV1 guarantee room and were assigned 6095.  And yes, we heard scraping of chairs, mostly in the early morning about 5 when they were setting up for breakfast.  Also, the side wings of the terrace stick out over the balcony and block the sky view.  I hated that cabin!  And I’ll never book guarantee again!

• 3 weeks later...

One cabin to absolutely avoid is on 3 above Torshavn.  I dont remember the exact room number, but you can find it by looking at the deck map.  When booking, we had no idea that this room would be a problem.  At 9pm, the music came on and you could hear every word the performers said, as well as every note of music.  Plus the vibration coming from the instruments and microphone.  Was horrible.  Luckily, Viking was able to move us to a different cabin and even had staff help with the move.  So all turned out well.  But by all means, please note when booking the location of Torshavn and select accordingly.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Romocruiser said:

One cabin to absolutely avoid is on 3 above Torshavn.  I dont remember the exact room number, but you can find it by looking at the deck map.  When booking, we had no idea that this room would be a problem.  At 9pm, the music came on and you could hear every word the performers said, as well as every note of music.  Plus the vibration coming from the instruments and microphone.  Was horrible.  Luckily, Viking was able to move us to a different cabin and even had staff help with the move.  So all turned out well.  But by all means, please note when booking the location of Torshavn and select accordingly.

Starboard/odd numbered cabins, Deck 3, between the Atrium and the forward elevators, the closer to the Atrium the worse it is.

Torshavn is mostly on the Starboard side of the ship, with office space directly under the portside cabins.  

16 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Starboard/odd numbered cabins, Deck 3, between the Atrium and the forward elevators, the closer to the Atrium the worse it is.

Torshavn is mostly on the Starboard side of the ship, with office space directly under the portside cabins.  

We were in 3054 over Torshavn and although we did hear some music it was not bad at all. We actually loved the overall location on the ship.