Cancel a Cruise

Pickels

Agree with using the phone.  They have the strangest website, for sure.

BUT be prepared (as you probably know by now) for that long wait time.

Have a good book or something to pass the time. 

AND, make sure you get the name of the rep. and in your notes, write down the date and time.

AND, have them send you any paperwork while you are still on the phone with them.

LOL, my answer became a rant from recent experience. Well, felt good to get that off my chest.  LOL

• Like 2

I've canceled online a few times, but usually when the trip is some time in the future.  Never had a problem, but it did take time for everything to go through.  Right now I have one I canceled about 3 weeks ago still showing up in my future cruises on my account.  If it's close I'd call.

Hope you're not cancelling the March 19 sailing we're on with you @Pickels 

I also vote for the phone version. The automated version (website) will not necessarily be able to respond to particular issues linked to your file. The web site will not necessarily provide an answer to all your questions.

Personally, when it come to a business contract ( a cruise ticket is a contract), I have learned to hate surprises. ( They tend not to go in my favour).

On the phone, I can note date, time, name of representative and answers provided to each of my questions. Surprises seem to be minimal in that context.

I would suggest.cancelling and pre cries purchases before actually cancelling the cruise.  I have found with refunds and FCCs the process goes smoother if there are no charges other than the cruise fare, and fees/taxes for them  to deal with.