Current Shore Excursions Protocols

chrismakris

For those currently sailing, what are Celebrities excursions protocol?

Going to the Mediterranean in July.

We have booked our Italy excursions through Celebrity for Italy(based on last year’s protocol)but we’re wondering if we would be able to explore on our own instead of being in the Celebrity bubble when done our excursions or at a non Italian country?

We know it varies from country to country but we are getting to that point where we have to start considering what we’re going to do. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by chrismakris

Until  celebrity announces what ports you can DYI  vs ship excursions only no one can’t advise you.  You may want to do a little research to see what the protocols are for each  country some may be stricter than others and everything changes frequently. 

A recent  article on Apple news listed the different countries in EU and their vaccine requirements. Most wanted tourists to be double jabbed and boosted.

Italy in particular stated that there was no date expiry time for the booster, it was indefinite. 
I was also wondering what Celebrity will do, as our cruise visits France, Italy and Spain.

As yet there is no protocol announcement as things change daily.

I have booked Celebrity excursions in some of our ports of call, but not yet in Rome, as we have been quite a few times, so I am hoping that we will  just wander around Civitavecchia, as I have seen photos of Roman ruins that can be seen there.

4A45D3A7-2AE9-4409-8CCE-534BCDFDA0D3.thumb.jpeg.6f5925acb29f85d99bddfae2a18802dd.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk