We Though We Knew HAL - ms Noordam's Naming/Dedication Ceremonies in New York

sail7seas

Oh thank you Sail for the wonderful narrative:) ..I hope someday we will get to meet you..You never sounded hoity-toity at all..You have every right to be proud of yourselves & walking on Air..You sound like a down to earth loving person who has experienced the dream of a lifetime..Your description of your wonderful experience were so vivid & natural..I shed a few tears with you, when they presented you & Mr. Ambassador with your lovely bowl..May you both enjoy the moment forever..

To quote a beautiful Irish blessing..

"May the road rise up to meet you,May the wind be always at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields..And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of his hand"

Thank you again for the wonderful story..Betty

P.S. Walt Agree with Exalthim would love to have it as a sticky..

Ahem.... tapping spoon on a glass, and raising a champagne flute.... A toast, if I may....

To Holland America, may she forever sail

To the ships. may they forever carry us on new and exciting adventures

To the people of HAL, may they always bring smiles to us

and to Sail.. on behalf of all Mariners, thank you for a job well done.

Fair winds and fair seas be with you..

Clinking of glasses all around

Yep Cheers! (clink clink)

Standing up still and applauding you.

What wonderful words you use amd convey.

Your skill in describing the picture of teamwork has captured everyone the, detail we all see is as if we are there and not like here in the low teens in temperture (f).

What you write is full truth with feeling..not loquacious palaver.

Thanks for being You :D .

PS: Wish you will be on her the 03/25/2006 A.D. adventure too*S*

You made NYC a Dam City again.

Sail,

Thank you so very much for your fascinating account of this wonderful experience. I have eagerly awaited and enjoyed every post. Congratulations to you and your DH. Through your descriptions I almost feel as if I were there.:p

I am not a mariner. My wife and I will be taking the first cruise of our lives on the Oosterdam on April 8th from San Diego. You have reassured me that we have made the right decision in choosing HAL for our first cruise expeince.

Thank you again.

I must say your narrative has kept me coming back daily. I think it is wonderful that HAL looks to their cruisers as part of their organization, and I am proud to have you represent all of us that have cruised with HAL.

Not only congratulation for the honor, but a genuine thank you for sharing.

I will be cruising on the Noordam on 3/15 and I am counting down the days. Enjoy your upcoming cruise in April.

Thanks again

Karen

If a fellow CruiseCritic could have jumped up and added - "Sail7Seas has been such a value to thousands of Holland America cruisers by sharing her wisdom, knowledge and love of Holland America" - that would have completed the honor that was bestowed on you. Since it was not that type of ceremony, we will say it here.

We are so happy that this happened to a dedicated CruiseCritic member and we are so happy that CruiseCritic member was you! We thank you for all you do here. :)

Great review Sail!! Felt I was there!!

Lucky you and DH.

You said Mr. Kruise was totally approachable .. other than Noordam, did you talk HAL in general? You said Seattle really cares about us Mariners? How do you know that?

Did you have a chance to talk with Mrs. Kruise? Was it only about the ceremonies?

Great post .....Thanks for letting all us Mariners be a part of the fun!!!!

Sail -

What an amazing experience.

I do not usually get emotional but have had more teary eyes reading about this wonderful adventure than you can imagine. (yes men are allowed to be teary at times!)

Well done, I think the sticky idea is great, hope it happens.

Your memories will last for ever for ALL of us.

I hope you enjoy many more years of cruising with the best ships and crew-members afloat.

Thank you, thank you so much.

We love HAL and are looking forward more than ever to our "Volendam" Panama cruise in Sept'.

SAIL,

As I have posted , and so many others too. I have enjoyed every minute of your adventure along with you:)

But after seeing Revneals pics and video clip yesterday, and Lisas pics this morning, it just "completes the picture" for me. You know "one picture is worth a 1000 words" kind of thing. :)

Looked like such a beautiful event , and the pictures illustrated every wonderful thing you wrote about it.

Again so happy for you and DH. HAL could not have picked two better Ambassadors :)

You keep saying you and DH are just an "ordinary couple from Massachusetts "

Well OK , you aren't an Academy Award winning actress

You're not a president or CEO of a cruise line..........YET!!!!!!!!!! *LOL*

You're not a captain of a ship or high ranking ships officer.....again YET!!! :)

But you are a very important member of the HAL family and certainly the Cruise Critic family.

Archived