Is there any real benefit to booking your next cruise while onboard anymore?

Ralphinsc

Currently have a couple of Carnival cruises booked and we are eyeballing a cruise aboard the Mardi Gras in June 2023. Is there any benefit that would make it worthwhile to wait and book while onboard versus just grabbing it online during a good sale? Is doing such a  thing even pushed anymore? Are they offering any good OBC deals or benefits, or does the Future cruise booking onboard now just mirror what offers you can get online? Thanks in advance!

For quite a while now, Carnival does not offer the future cruise desks.  What you do get is a special offer when you return that is normally good for a couple of weeks after the end of your cruise.  Whill it be better than other deals offered?  There is no way for me to know what deals you are getting, so I couldn't say.  These normally have some sort of OBC included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

For quite a while now, Carnival does not offer the future cruise desks.  What you do get is a special offer when you return that is normally good for a couple of weeks after the end of your cruise.  Whill it be better than other deals offered?  There is no way for me to know what deals you are getting, so I couldn't say.  These normally have some sort of OBC included.

I dont even get especially good deals and the welcome back deal I got wasnt worth anything. Worthless for me.

..though with masks coming off and the time of year cruise deals may start drying up and prices rise. 

I got the deal during my cruise lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ralphinsc said:

Thanks! Seems I may want to go ahead and grab the cruise now or at worst wait to see if there is a bounceback offer after my April cruise. No rush either way well over a year out.

Book early saver so you can price match .. but imo the offer from cruising hasnt been worth anything. Other prices are better.

The offer I think said up to 35% off ... and I had up to 40% offers showing. ..so what I already have was better.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
4 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

Currently have a couple of Carnival cruises booked and we are eyeballing a cruise aboard the Mardi Gras in June 2023. Is there any benefit that would make it worthwhile to wait and book while onboard versus just grabbing it online during a good sale? Is doing such a  thing even pushed anymore? Are they offering any good OBC deals or benefits, or does the Future cruise booking onboard now just mirror what offers you can get online? Thanks in advance!

Nothing to write home about.