Fish Fry Nassau

Tigergenesis

Each time we go to Nassau we make sure to do something different.  I am an "always get off the ship" person.  This time I am thinking about visiting the Fish Fry area.  

It sounds possible to walk there from what I can tell.  Anyone done the walk?  Any tips?  We prefer walking places

I know there are a lot of restaurants to choose from.  Anyone tried multiple restaurants that can offer some suggestions?  

TIA

On 2/26/2022 at 4:09 PM, Tigergenesis said:

Each time we go to Nassau we make sure to do something different.  I am an "always get off the ship" person.  This time I am thinking about visiting the Fish Fry area.  

It sounds possible to walk there from what I can tell.  Anyone done the walk?  Any tips?  We prefer walking places

I know there are a lot of restaurants to choose from.  Anyone tried multiple restaurants that can offer some suggestions?  

TIA

We are big fans of the Fish Fry.  It's about 1.5 miles from the cruise port.  Takes us around 40 mins to walk.  We normally walk there & then cab back.  I think the cab cost is typically between $6 & $8 / person or $20 for the cab (with more than 2 people).  The traffic is a little heavy around the small town area but once you are through there it is a nice walk.  You pass Junkaroo beach which has food & drinks. 

The Fish Fry has two parts - the first part you come to is what we call more of the food truck area.  They are more counter service and you are sitting on picnic tables & they are cooking in or behind the counters.  After crossing the road to the ship yard, you get into the second part of the Fry which is restaurants.  Personally we enjoy Drifters.  We have tried 2 others but now we just go with what we know we love.

• Like 1

We stopped in Nassau in December, but just walked around town basically, which was fine.  Would like to visit the Fish Fry area this next cruise (April).  How far of a walk is it from the cruise port?  I've read everything from easy 20 minutes to more like 40 minutes.  For reference, we only walked as far as Senor Frogs in December, then walked back.  Also, do the restaurants in the Fish Fry area take credit cards or should we plan on using cash?  Looking at some of the menus, food looks great!  Just planning ahead - thanks for any info!

On 3/14/2022 at 11:08 AM, LHARTWICK said:

We stopped in Nassau in December, but just walked around town basically, which was fine.  Would like to visit the Fish Fry area this next cruise (April).  How far of a walk is it from the cruise port?  I've read everything from easy 20 minutes to more like 40 minutes.  For reference, we only walked as far as Senor Frogs in December, then walked back.  Also, do the restaurants in the Fish Fry area take credit cards or should we plan on using cash?  Looking at some of the menus, food looks great!  Just planning ahead - thanks for any info!

I have this same question, do they take credit/debit or do we need to bring cash?

thank you to anyone who can answer this.

5 hours ago, PugM0m said:

I have this same question, do they take credit/debit or do we need to bring cash?

thank you to anyone who can answer this.

Last time we were there they do take cards but you should check before you go in. Don't remember if there are those little Visa/MC stickers on the doors or not. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...