Cafe Promenade coffee

Hello, please forgive me if this has been answered before. I’ll be sailing on the Adventure in another month, and was going to take advantage of the Refeshment package instead of the Coke package. I understand the premium coffees are covered with it. I seem to recall seeing that Starbucks is taking over Cafe Promenade, and I don’t believe I can use that package on Starbucks products. 

Has this already occurred?  Any information you may provide is greatly appreciated!  The bottles of water is another reason I was considering that package. Thanks!

Go Saints!

UGGGGGGG.......the cafe serves coffee, and has a contract for a brand name.  The contract is most likely under negotiation, and Starbucks might be the winner.  You can go in a gas station and get starbucks coffee.  All this means is the same menu you see, will be the same, with a different coffee brand. One time it was Seattle's Best.  I forget what they have now.  Soon it will be Starbucks. 

My reading of the announcement was that Starbucks coffee would be used for the specialty drinks you pay for now.  Probably only one or two of their blends like Pikes Place or Expresso Roast. And the "free"coffee would continue to be the current supplier, which on the Harmony in January was LaVazza.

I read an article a couple days ago that stated that RCI is NOT switching the Cafe Promenades to Starbucks. However, there will be some changes. According to the article, Cafe Promenade currently serves Seattle's Best coffee which, coincidentally, is owned by Starbucks. Cafe Promenade serves an assortment of pastries, sandwiches, pizza etc. Cafe Promenade will now be serving Starbucks coffee and some of the food available will be food that you can buy at Starbucks. I wish I could remember where I read the article but I can't find it.

On Anthem (cruised in February) they had a Starbucks logo on the Cafe.  Still used the refreshment package, no problem.

I think the issue is if there is an actual Starbucks on the ship.  

9 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Cafe Promenade will now be serving Starbucks coffee and some of the food available will be food that you can buy at Starbucks. 

On Anthem they did charge for the food at Cafe Promenade, annoying.

17 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Were there other free food options or was it only the Starbucks offerings?

I misspoke about the names of the places on Anthem.  The location that has Espresso drinks (using Starbucks products) on deck 4 is called La Patisserie, they only have pay for food.  Right across from that is Cafe Promenade (no espresso drinks) which is right next to the pizza place (Sorrentos, decent thin crust pizza).  Cafe Promenade had free food.   I would get my cappuccino at La Patisserie (no problem with refreshment card, they also had frozen coffee drinks) and get a desert snack at Cafe Promenade.

On the Liberty back in October the Cafe Promenade was serving Starbucks products.  It was included in the drink package.  I frequented the Cafe many times a day for my Chi Tea Latte and it was never billed. If you read the fine print it is the Starbucks stand alone that is not included in the Drink Packages.