Cruise Directors Review

tx121

I'm an Activity Director (basically a Cruise Director on land) for Retirement Living, do you want my personal or professional opinion?🤣

Professional: There's a lot going on behind the scenes a lot of you don't know about. Give them a break, it's not easy and the pandemic has only made it worse.

Personal: I like Cruise Directors who spend time with their passengers. In our field, we call this "schmoozing". I was recently on Anthem with Joff Eaton, and I'll be with him again on Enchantment, I believe, in July. I loved having him as a Director, but I would love to see him interact more with guests. It would be interesting to see if he does interact more with guests on smaller ships.

15 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I'm an Activity Director (basically a Cruise Director on land) for Retirement Living, do you want my personal or professional opinion?🤣

Professional: There's a lot going on behind the scenes a lot of you don't know about. Give them a break, it's not easy and the pandemic has only made it worse.

Personal: I like Cruise Directors who spend time with their passengers. In our field, we call this "schmoozing". I was recently on Anthem with Joff Eaton, and I'll be with him again on Enchantment, I believe, in July. I loved having him as a Director, but I would love to see him interact more with guests. It would be interesting to see if he does interact more with guests on smaller ships.

Just come off the Anthem and personally thought Joff was terrible, only saw him on the tv, and it was like watching paint dry 🤷‍♂️
All time favourite was def Graham Seymour.

Irky from Turkey. That is a blast from the past. I remember him from the Monarch days. I don’t know for sure which CD it was but could possibly have been Marc Walker. He was in Port Canaveral for a long time. They did make a great team.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:16 AM, broadwaybaby123 said:

We enjoyed Jeff last week on the Anthem transatlantic. Not a CD groupy, but he was a hoot.

On 4/26/2022 at 5:26 PM, 4everAfamily said:

Abe Hughes will always be one of my faves! I enjoy Mike, Mitch, and Clo. Dennis was fun when he was paired with Activities Manager Hannah Yates. They had great chemistry together. I was hoping she’d be a CD one day. 

yes I loved having Abe twice in same year - once on Anthem and once on Harmony.

Just had Dennis on Symphony and he was very good especially during Veterans tribute.  Has a great singing voice too.

did not care for Mike from Wonder OTS in FLA.  Kinda dull and made a few mistakes in annoucement which caused confusion and disappointment