Virgin Voyages

marcoigna

I know a few people  that were on the Valiant Lady mermaiden cruise this weekend and it certainly looked fun!  So many pics and vids on insta and I’m sure lots of YouTube content will follow, however I’m still not sold on Virgin Voyages.  Food is meant to be outstanding but I really don’t like the cabin style, tiny pool deck and the style over substance vibe onboard.  It all seems a bit too ‘try hard’ and too far removed from the traditional cruise experience I love.  

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 10:04 AM, welshy74 said:

I know a few people  that were on the Valiant Lady mermaiden cruise this weekend and it certainly looked fun!  So many pics and vids on insta and I’m sure lots of YouTube content will follow, however I’m still not sold on Virgin Voyages.  Food is meant to be outstanding but I really don’t like the cabin style, tiny pool deck and the style over substance vibe onboard.  It all seems a bit too ‘try hard’ and too far removed from the traditional cruise experience I love.  

I feel the same. I’ve tried a few times to get excited about Virgin, but every time I look or read reviews I get the feeling I’d be underwhelmed and disappointed if we booked on them.

Hello,

For me it is a mass of contradictions - maybe even a mess of contradictions.

According to Forbes it is a "super-luxe cruise line" and is aiming for a younger demographic that have not cruised before.

To my eye, the cabins do not even look 'ordinary' luxe - more like a Habitat showroom from the1970s (sorry if the name Habitat does not make its way across the pond).

With the greatest respect to Sir Richard, aged nearly 72, the ships' offerings seem to be trying too hard to appear 'cool' and could end up falling flat - a bit like your elderly uncle 'dancing' at a family party after one sherry too many.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2

For me Valiant Lady didn't feel like it was trying to be as  cool as Scarlet Lady, there were only 2-3 differences but many of them were the bits obviously designed as photo back drops.

There are multiple nice bar spaces, even if a coupld don't feel perfect, the food is fantastic and the Manor is an excellent night club space. Didn't feel super-luxe or like it was trying to be.

I've only cruised with Virgin, its sucked me in to trying them but I love the ships.

The rooms just feel nice and simple to me, not too much clutter.

I was really excited earlier this year about going on Atlantis Virgin Spanish cruise. The ship, the destination, the crowd... Started digging deeper and a month later, booked my summer Spanish cruise with another cruise line. Two major factors affected my decision: 1) people report too much confusion and problems with new technology implementation here and there on Valiant Lady, so I better wait a year or two and let them sort things out before going with her, like with buying an absolutely new car model; 2) I feel this package is just too much for one person to swallow in one week; it's like an all-you-can-eat buffet with 15-min time limit: a sparkling new ship with so many things to try, a destination intensive itinerary with at least two day trips (Granada from Malaga and Seville from Cadiz), hot Spanish summer days that better be used for tanning on the beach, a bunch of famous Atlantis t-dances and late night parties - and only 7 nights for all of it??? No matter how much Red Bull I drink, I need a clone to try everything on this cruise... With regret, I chose something else.

Contrary to what everyone has commented so far, we are actually pretty excited about Virgin. We primarily sail on Silversea, Regent and Seabourn but have done everything from Royal Caribbean, holland America, Celebrity etc..  I don’t think V is trying to be ultra luxe as some described. I don’t think they are trying to compete with Silversea for example..more on the line with Celebrity I would say. There are so many cruise lines and sooo many ships out there, I think they are just trying to create something different and unique in a very competitive market. We rarely do Caribbean as all the islands are kinda similar.  So we were waiting for a transatlantic to really enjoy all the restaurants , ship etc. We booked a Brilliant Suite , nice to have more room on a 14 day voyage. As I have always told friends who ask our opinion on this line or that line…I just say “ try it and see for yourself”. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. You never really know  unless you experience for yourself…..

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 1:25 PM, Tarwood3 said:

Contrary to what everyone has commented so far, we are actually pretty excited about Virgin. We primarily sail on Silversea, Regent and Seabourn but have done everything from Royal Caribbean, holland America, Celebrity etc..  I don’t think V is trying to be ultra luxe as some described. I don’t think they are trying to compete with Silversea for example..more on the line with Celebrity I would say. There are so many cruise lines and sooo many ships out there, I think they are just trying to create something different and unique in a very competitive market. We rarely do Caribbean as all the islands are kinda similar.  So we were waiting for a transatlantic to really enjoy all the restaurants , ship etc. We booked a Brilliant Suite , nice to have more room on a 14 day voyage. As I have always told friends who ask our opinion on this line or that line…I just say “ try it and see for yourself”. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. You never really know  unless you experience for yourself…..

Which transatlantic cruise are you on?

I will be on the Valiant Lady, transatlantic beginning in Barcelona on Oct. 16.  Barcelona to Miami.

1 hour ago, Hobie said:

Which transatlantic cruise are you on?

I will be on the Valiant Lady, transatlantic beginning in Barcelona on Oct. 16.  Barcelona to Miami.

We are on October 29, 2023 voyage…