Bed size in cabins for "solo" cruisers?

Hflors

Anyone who has sailed in one of these solo cabins what size was the bed?   My confirmation says twin.  The pic online looks like a full.  Also does HAL still have a get together for solo travelers?  I lost my husband last July and I am thinking of taking a cruise as a solo.  I am hoping to maybe find a group of solo travelers and hopefully we will have some things in common.  Thanks for any info.  

Unless things have changed on HAL which I am cruising with the first time in May you can have the twins put together and it becomes a queen.

I am a solo traveller and on my booking it shows a queen bed.

Call your TA or HAL - whoever you booked with and have them change the booking.

Hope this helps.

Because of COVID wonder if they will still have solo meet and greets.

Dennis

26 minutes ago, Urban trekker said:

Unless things have changed on HAL which I am cruising with the first time in May you can have the twins put together and it becomes a queen.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

I booked it on hal's website and my comformation says twin, as if there was only one bed.   I need to go back and check it out again.  I am hoping , like you that there will be a meetup and greet for solos.   Thanks for the response.  Hopeyou you have a great cruise.

5 hours ago, Urban trekker said:

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Three HAL ships (Koningsdam, Rotterdam, and Nieuw Statendam) each have about 14 solo cabins which are different from regular cabins.  When I first saw this thread I was thinking twin vs queen but I think @Hflors is right and it's a full which is bigger than a twin but smaller than a queen.

Roy

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Three HAL ships (Koningsdam, Rotterdam, and Nieuw Statendam) each have about 14 solo cabins which are different from regular cabins.  When I first saw this thread I was thinking twin vs queen but I think @Hflors is right and it's a full which is bigger than a twin but smaller than a queen.

Roy

It's 12 solo staterooms (6 on port, 6 on starboard).  The bed is one mattress - not something that can split.  It's slightly smaller than a queen, so I'd say a full/double.  Despite the confusion HAL's wording creates, it's not a single twin bed or 2 twins pushed together like in the regular staterooms.  

Be aware these staterooms vary in size quite a bit.  I've stayed in one of the largest ones (1014, 1011) and the difference between them and regular oceanview staterooms is not really noticeable (other than not having a sofa - there's a big empty space where it might have gone.  They get smaller the more forward you go, with the 2 smallest being around 126 square feet - that's very small!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2