NCL Air and Transportation to Port in NY

cooncat_mom

I tried to search this but only pulled up posts from a few years ago.  We’re heading to the Getaway in a Haven penthouse  in NY in April and I was wondering if anyone knows what we’re supposed to do…! We land at LaGuardia and are doing NCL’s shuttle (airfare cost a little less than doing it myself and I didn’t feel like hauling luggage and my husband around to get a taxi 😆!).  Do we look for an NCL desk someplace? The information says an NCL Rep will meet us at baggage claims, but…just checking! Thanks!

There should be 1 or more individuals with NCL clipboards hanging around baggage claim (assuming a domestic flight).  If you can't find them, you can usually ask at one of the transportation desks, although I've pretty much always been able to find them.  I've never seen a desk.

Your edocs will give you detailed information - especially if there is anything special. There will be phone #s to call if your flight is delayed for example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

Thank you - sounds easy enough. It is a short domestic flight. LGA is a new airport for me though so I like that it should be easy!

"Easy" and "LaGuardia" aren't generally compatible.  But you have the NCL shuttle so you should be fine.

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

"Easy" and "LaGuardia" aren't generally compatible.  But you have the NCL shuttle so you should be fine.

😂😂😂. I flew into LaGuardia about a billion years ago (like 1972 after we’d moved from NYC) and I’ve heard it changed a bit from then! 

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

17 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

😂😂😂. I flew into LaGuardia about a billion years ago (like 1972 after we’d moved from NYC) and I’ve heard it changed a bit from then! 

LGA is nearing the completion of a massive renovation and by all reports the new main terminal that recently opened is outstanding.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

LGA is nearing the completion of a massive renovation and by all reports the new main terminal that recently opened is outstanding.

That’s what I’ve heard. I’m more familiar with JFK (even from its Idlewild days) so this will be interesting.

FYI - one of the better YT video (it's long) on the award-winning new LGA main terminal (most of us from the old school - 70's and 80's considered it as being the "main" terminal vs. C and D being the shuttle terminals, think Eastern Airlines, etc. - oh, missed those hourly flights to DCA) 

It's a long video - skip the first 5 to 7 minutes, but it does give you a virtual look outside, all around the airport's surroundings and the Grand Central Parkway (GCP) that's now almost practically steps away from the new terminal entrance - vastly modernized and almost hard to believe ...

The rest is a detailed look of all the upgrades, changes and layout, escalators - relocated club lounges and gates to the various concourses ... if you are flying in on United, American, JetBlue, Air Canada or other regional/commuter & shuttle flights, odds are good that you will stepping off the jetbridge into this area, unless it's Delta or its alliance partners as they are (mainly) over in C and D, which are still rushing toward completion.

Now, I can see taking a $1.35 (discounted) bus ride with a free transfer to get out to LGA for a short hop with a rollerboard and small cabin bag to fly out.  From the airport, there is an easy SBS connection (bus to subway/LIRR train) into midtown Manhattan - close enough from the Times Square/West Side area to walk over to M.C.T. / Pier 88 to catch a NCL cruise (most would find it "better" to take a taxi, car service, Uber or exclusive airport-cruise transfer shuttle).  

Thank you! We are, indeed, flying in on Delta…I did the NCL Air and Transportation - normally, my regular cruising partner - my daughter- and I Amtrak in the day prior and stay at a hotel. Didn’t want to do that this time so figured sticking with NCL’s service would probably be safest. LGA has REALLY changed since the old days!

Edited by cooncat_mom
Spelling