Discovery Princess at Berth 93 who said she wouldn't fit

Papa Yoda

We arrived for our Grand Princess cruise and lo and behold the Disco is at 93!, with the Bliss at 91/92.  Whatever we've been told that Royal class ships won't fit in 93 seems bogus.  it was cool to hear her play Love Boat theme s she sailed away!

1 hour ago, sandyoftheseas said:

Did the Norwegian Bliss also embarking  on Sunday?  How busy was embarkation with the 2 ships next to each other and people embarking and disembarking.

Yes the Bliss was there too. They left the dock for their cruise just before the Discovery . My mom who lives locally in Southern California has left out of the Princess dock many ,many times ,she said for them it was very confusing and the port staff outside told them they needed to go through the building and check their luggage where The Bliss was ,they said oh no everybody’s got to check in through here .So according to my mom she said it was very disorganized.

But once In the correct area they didn’t wait long to be on board, but they are elite and I’m sure there’s a lot of elite on board .She said the elite waiting area was packed.

17 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Yes the Bliss was there too. They left the dock for their cruise just before the Discovery . My mom who lives locally in Southern California has left out of the Princess dock many ,many times ,she said for them it was very confusing and the port staff outside told them they needed to go through the building and check their luggage where The Bliss was ,they said oh no everybody’s got to check in through here .So according to my mom she said it was very disorganized.

But once In the correct area they didn’t wait long to be on board, but they are elite and I’m sure there’s a lot of elite on board .She said the elite waiting area was packed.

So did she end up checking in at terminal 92 where Bliss was or in terminal 93 where discovery was?

9 minutes ago, sandyoftheseas said:

Arizonaperson-  Thanks for the quick reply. We are on the next cruise and we are also Elite so I better get ready for a tight fit in the elite lounge 🙂

You are welcome.  Once they got into the Princess building around 11 AM they were in the elite area by 11:15 am and Onboard  and In cabin around 11:30am. So pretty quick for them after the earlier fiasco.

19 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

So did she end up checking in at terminal 92 where Bliss was or in terminal 93 where discovery was?

They were having difficulties ,but not really their( my mom’s) fault,they go out of the Princess,San Pedro dock all the time .their most recent was January. Now as of last week they were supposed to be embarking and checking in two different places . They were supposed to check into dock number 93 and then take a bus down to 50. But that did not happen for April 3 ,they changed everything sometime after the inaugural cruise left. Well they actually did drop their bags off at the Bliss and they the port people taking the luggage noticed that they had princess tags on so they just set the bags aside,but my mom did not know at that point because they were just told oh yes go into this building to check in .of course when they couldn’t find my mom’s name on their list then everything got sorted out they went and got their luggage and then made their way down to the Princess dock where they always leave from. 

A back to back passenger also posted that his in transit experience was pretty disorganized as well. So yeah just add a little bit more time and or patience when you board next week .  And stay safe with the Covid going around on the ships. 

Edited by arizonaperson
Oops as always
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

They were having difficulties ,but not really their( my mom’s) fault,they go out of the Princess,San Pedro dock all the time .their most recent was January. Now as of last week they were supposed to be embarking and checking in two different places . They were supposed to check into dock number 93 and then take a bus down to 50. But that did not happen for April 3 ,they changed everything sometime after the inaugural cruise left. Well they actually did drop their bags off at the Bliss and they the port people taking the luggage noticed that they had princess tags on so they just set the bags aside,but my mom did not know at that point because they were just told oh yes go into this building to check in .of course when they couldn’t find my mom’s name on their list then everything got sorted out they went and got their luggage and then made their way down to the Princess dock where they always leave from. 

A back to back passenger also posted that his in transit experience was pretty disorganized as well. So yeah just add a little bit more time and or patience when you board next week .  And stay safe with the Covid going around on the ships. 

Thank you! What a hassle for them. Glad she got on board fairly quickly!

1 minute ago, tonit964 said:

Thank you! What a hassle for them. Glad she got on board fairly quickly!

Luckily they are “ walkers” so ..... They got their steps in for all the food they are consuming,most likely.🤣

They “ chilled “after buffet lunch on their balcony. I told them to go to mid ship deck 6 dining room  to relax and be served,but They did not. They went to the very crowded buffet. 

• Like 1