Grandeur, deck 8, Port side, smoking on 9th. Issue?

We have a js on deck 8, port side. 8046. The only review I could find of this cabin was older and said that, since the smoking area was deck 9, port side, cigarette smoke was an issue using the balcony. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and the smoking area was not labeled on deck plans when I booked. Now, there are very few cabins left.  Can anyone who has been on deck 8 port side on Grandeur comment on this? Deck 8 is filled with suites so I cannot believe if it were a big issue that only one person complained. Any help appreciated. We saved a lot for this trip and we are so excited. We love using our balcony.  Just don't want to get sick if it is a big issue. Thanks!!!

Edited by KB Cruisin

• KB Cruisin changed the title to Grandeur, deck 8, Port side, smoking on 9th. Issue?

Many of the ships allow smoking on portions of the pool deck.  I wouldn't think it would be an issue, smoke rises after all.  That being said, if it were me I would keep an eye out and see if I could move rooms to the other side.  Why worry?

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

Many of the ships allow smoking on portions of the pool deck.  I wouldn't think it would be an issue, smoke rises after all.  That being said, if it were me I would keep an eye out and see if I could move rooms to the other side.  Why worry?

That's what I am thinking. Not a lot of rooms left right now but I will keep checking. Thanks for your help!

We have been on ships on higher decks on the smoking side (which typically is port side pool deck) and have smelled smoke on occasion.  While smoke may rise, if the wind is going down the side of the ship (which also happens) it can direct the smoke there.  We have also smelled it from those who - correct or not - also use the promenade deck 5 port side as a smoking area.

While it my be limited and sporadic, we avoid port side pool area bookings as a result.  That's just us.

• Like 1

It would also matter where you are along the ship.  The smoking area is the pool area, and normally only the forward part of the pool area (GF is a smoker).  So if you are neat the Centrum or aft, it would be less likely.

• Like 1