Anyone been onboard Azura since the restart?

MX-Drew

I'm getting concerned about our cruise in just over four weeks.  I don't want to be wearing a mask indoors when just chatting - it was farcical on Iona wearing it in the theatre when you could sit as close to anyone, anywhere else on the ship and not wear it!  

We moved our cruise to Azura from a Baltic cruise and we're thinking now we were a bit hasty.

8 hours ago, Waju said:

I'm getting concerned about our cruise in just over four weeks.  I don't want to be wearing a mask indoors when just chatting - it was farcical on Iona wearing it in the theatre when you could sit as close to anyone, anywhere else on the ship and not wear it!  

We moved our cruise to Azura from a Baltic cruise and we're thinking now we were a bit hasty.

I know how you feel. We are going in just over a week and taking our son, daughter in law and grandchildren on their first ever cruise and there first holiday in 8 years. I’m disappointed P&O haven’t told us of any of the shortcomings in advance. It has been to the contrary, they have sent an email prompting us to book the Sindhu (which we wanted to go to) and P&O know this will be closed.

We decided to stay on Azura today to enjoy Aqua Pool in Spa area but it's been closed all day. Asked staff when it will open but they don't know 😞

In main pool area they no longer do pool side snacks like sandwiches / wraps.

Ice cream area still closed. I asked and there's no plan to re open it. 

This is seriously worrying me!

I go on the 26th May, how can P&O charge the same amount of money for half the experience?

I have written to the executive offices asking for them to explain and compensation.

@molecrochipdo you have any news on what is going on, on Azura?

Hoping this situation is resolved by the time we cruise next year. If so many things have been disrupted by Covid then P&O and any other cruise line needs to step up as it is not good enough that so many things onboard are not available. It does seem a bit rubbish to me to say we can't do a turn down service and then say you can have a breakfast in your cabin, but it's £2.50 a time. If you don't have the staff, which always used to be nearly one crew member per two passengers then maybe they should be restricting the number of passengers depending on the number of crew available for a specific cruise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

On the bright side the food we have had in both Epicurean and Glass House has been amazing.

You would hope so, given that they are extra charge venues! As a point of interest, how have you found the food in the main dining rooms. A few recent reviews seem to point to it having deteriorated recently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DS_Dean said:

We decided to stay on Azura today to enjoy Aqua Pool in Spa area but it's been closed all day. Asked staff when it will open but they don't know 😞

In main pool area they no longer do pool side snacks like sandwiches / wraps.

Ice cream area still closed. I asked and there's no plan to re open it. 

Well we're off to join Azura on Thursday. It's been nearly three years since we last cruised and we are so looking forward to it. All paperwork is done and there's just the  LFT's to do on Wednesday.If the odd pool is closed or the odd restaurant (Sindhu) is shut then so be it. The sun should be shining and there'll be good food and wine.              Nothings going to spoil it. Can't wait.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pencil62 said:

Well we're off to join Azura on Thursday. It's been nearly three years since we last cruised and we are so looking forward to it. All paperwork is done and there's just the  LFT's to do on Wednesday.If the odd pool is closed or the odd restaurant (Sindhu) is shut then so be it. The sun should be shining and there'll be good food and wine.              Nothings going to spoil it. Can't wait.

Possibly, no definitely, the right attitude.

Comments on this site can tend to be negative in that flaws are pointed out for the benefit of others. Would be good to see more positives to give a better balance. We shall board  Britannia soon with a PMA

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pencil62 said:

Yes. The sun is shining and we have had very nice days out in port. No issues with food and wine! I am posting about the issues.. ultimately we are still having a good time. 

The mask wearing.. still bothers me alot. The adherence to mask policy has increased alot since pressure from captain announcements to wear them. The great weather and ports are making up for it.

We have not been into MDR yet and will update when we do. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

Yes. The sun is shining and we have had very nice days out in port. No issues with food and wine! I am posting about the issues.. ultimately we are still having a good time. 

The mask wearing.. still bothers me alot. The adherence to mask policy has increased alot since pressure from captain announcements to wear them. The great weather and ports are making up for it.

We have not been into MDR yet and will update when we do. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise DS_DEAN.  Can I ask how many passengers are on board do you reckon?

31 minutes ago, Orianababes said:

Possibly, no definitely, the right attitude.

Comments on this site can tend to be negative in that flaws are pointed out for the benefit of others. Would be good to see more positives to give a better balance. We shall board  Britannia soon with a PMA

Whilst you have a good point re attitude I started this thread as I have "sold" this cruise to my son and his family on certain aspects and a lot of those are not going to be available.

For example they have two young children who would have loved the ice cream but that is not available. The snacks on the pool deck would have helped them eat with the children but no they will have to drag them away from the pool to the buffet.

They had also planned to have a romantic meal in the Sindhu as they have seen pictures of meals my wife and I have had there and they love that type of food but the Sindhu is closed.

Last but not least, the evening nursery is closed, I'm sure you can understand how that will be missed.

My point is we have paid a lot of money for an advertised experience but we are not getting that and to make matters worse is P&O have sent an email prompting me to book the Sindhu when they know it is closed.

Sorry if this is negative but I can assure I will be going with a positive mental attitude, just as I asways do.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Whilst you have a good point re attitude I started this thread as I have "sold" this cruise to my son and his family on certain aspects and a lot of those are not going to be available.

For example they have two young children who would have loved the ice cream but that is not available. The snacks on the pool deck would have helped them eat with the children but no they will have to drag them away from the pool to the buffet.

They had also planned to have a romantic meal in the Sindhu as they have seen pictures of meals my wife and I have had there and they love that type of food but the Sindhu is closed.

Last but not least, the evening nursery is closed, I'm sure you can understand how that will be missed.

My point is we have paid a lot of money for an advertised experience but we are not getting that and to make matters worse is P&O have sent an email prompting me to book the Sindhu when they know it is closed.

Sorry if this is negative but I can assure I will be going with a positive mental attitude, just as I asways do.

Not sure your original post came across as negative , just valid points and in your situation we would feel the same , we are, by nature glass half full people and very rarely complain to anyone , but when it comes to paying for something and not getting a lot of it your points have a lot of  justification  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 5:24 PM, Pencil62 said:

Enjoy the rest of your cruise DS_DEAN.  Can I ask how many passengers are on board do you reckon?

Hard to say.. we think maybe it is at 70% passenger occupancy. But that is just our guess. 

Might also be worth noting that there is no conditioner supplied. So don't forget to bring your own!

Edited by DS_Dean

56 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

No, cutting down on plastic. Steward will bring it if you ask.

How does it cut down on plastic? They used to top up a bottle that was already there, now they have to bring a new bottle. Cut down on cost more like it.

5 hours ago, DS_Dean said:Might also be worth noting that there is no conditioner supplied. So don't forget to bring your own!

14 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Large wall mounted bottles now which are topped up when cabin serviced.

DS_Dean said “no conditioner” that implies no bottles to top up.

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

How does it cut down on plastic? They used to top up a bottle that was already there, now they have to bring a new bottle. Cut down on cost more like it.

It used to be (on the smaller ships at least) that only shower gel was in a refillable bottle in the shower. Shampoo, conditioner and hand/body lotion provided via small plastic bottles left on the vanity unit.