Transportation for late night arrival in Orlando to Port Canaveral

IslandGirl2006

Hello,

We have a late-night arrival at MCO (Orlando) the day before our cruise. The shuttle services we see do not operate at 10pm.  Does anyone have any suggestions for our party of two to get to our hotel in Port Canaveral that evening?  We've heard UBER charges a higher fee.  Thanks so much.  (We are so excited to finally be cruising again) 🙂

Caution about Uber. We also arrived late  night prior to cruise. Stayed at Double tree near MCO. Back to airport in am to get cruise line shuttle which we booked in advance R/T. Upon return I checked Uber price just for fun. It was over $300 to MCO!!!! Spring  break and surge pricing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ober134 said:

Caution about Uber. We also arrived late  night prior to cruise. Stayed at Double tree near MCO. Back to airport in am to get cruise line shuttle which we booked in advance R/T. Upon return I checked Uber price just for fun. It was over $300 to MCO!!!! Spring  break and surge pricing

How much were your ship transfers? Did you also price using a private shuttle company?

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

How much were your ship transfers? Did you also price using a private shuttle company?

We booked "last minute" on a promo offer, and several private shuttle companies I contacted either had no availability or had only late times; we wanted to get to port as early as possible. Carnivals R/T was 85pp (I think that's what it was).... More than I cared to pay, but didn't feel like gambling with Uber/Lyft. I met someone on the ship... His plan was to Uber to MCO after cruise with his group. When we contacted him, he confirmed the Uber > $300 from PC->MCO (That was ONE WAY!!).... they ended up waiting a bit, and taking a taxi. Fare was $160 which they split with other ppl.

• Like 1