Bermuda in Early June - Missing Something?

CinciBaby

Hello - we are ready to get back to cruising. 🙂 My family and I are looking at the Adventure of the Seas Bermuda itinerary for June 4th or June 9th. The prices have dropped again for both of the sailings... Am I missing something about traveling to Bermuda in early June? Why would the prices be dropping for those weeks?

We are traveling with 2 teens and looking forward to enjoying the beach and snorkeling. Is early June not warm enough? Is there something else that is making these sailings less full? (Btw - it is out of NJ - so I'm wondering if most schools are not out yet?)

Just making sure I'm not missing anything before we book! Thanks!

28 minutes ago, CinciBaby said:

Hello - we are ready to get back to cruising. 🙂 My family and I are looking at the Adventure of the Seas Bermuda itinerary for June 4th or June 9th. The prices have dropped again for both of the sailings... Am I missing something about traveling to Bermuda in early June? Why would the prices be dropping for those weeks?

We are traveling with 2 teens and looking forward to enjoying the beach and snorkeling. Is early June not warm enough? Is there something else that is making these sailings less full? (Btw - it is out of NJ - so I'm wondering if most schools are not out yet?)

The weather is usually great in early June. Just warm enough for the beach, without the mid summer heat and humidity.

Prices are undoubtedly going down because bookings are lower than desired.

Yes, in NJ and NY most schools will still be in session in early June, so it's not yet prime summer cruising time for this area.

Edited by njhorseman

1 hour ago, CinciBaby said:

In the northeast many schools are still in session. That is one reason I usually book early June and mid June. Less children. I snorkel and use the beach. Air temp is very nice with lower humidity. The water is warm enough but not warm - warm like the Caribbean, takes about 30 seconds to adjust and get used to it.  

June is probably very nice.  Been there in July and it is a bit hot.

On 5 day cruises you only really get a day and a half in Bermuda however that is probably a nice first cruise there.  Definitely sail out of NJ and NOT Baltimore since it takes longer to get there from Baltimore so you have less time in Bermuda.

The beaches are very nice (on some of the beaches the sand is definitely pink), as others have said the water is not yet Caribbean warm in early June.  FYI, between the 2 cruises I would check the schedules and a Bermuda website to see if there are potential problems with either of the sailings (probably not the best to be there on a day when there is a national holiday and everything is closed).

FYI, Royal has not been the best communicating with their passengers about travel requirements to Bermuda so you have to do more of your own research when traveling with Royal.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:38 AM, CinciBaby said:

We have that cruise booked for June 4--our 1st Bermuda cruise as well!

Glad to hear it will be less crowded/fewer kids/nicer temps.

And we really have 2 full days with arriving 9AM & not departing until 5:30 the next day.

I truly do not know what to do there...beach is always good.

But I research & don't find much else, tho the pub scene looks fun.

But my parents loved it & they haven't let us astray yet.

2 hours ago, KKB said:

We have that cruise booked for June 4--our 1st Bermuda cruise as well!

Glad to hear it will be less crowded/fewer kids/nicer temps.

And we really have 2 full days with arriving 9AM & not departing until 5:30 the next day.

I truly do not know what to do there...beach is always good.

But I research & don't find much else, tho the pub scene looks fun.

But my parents loved it & they haven't let us astray yet.

St. George's is a World Heritage Site. I always spend time there. Sometimes I don't go to the beach that day. Since it is your first visit you should consider a 4 or 5 hour taxi tour or other tour of the island.