Letter of Recovery

macaroni

Yes they do, I showed my positive test and a letter of recovery from my Dr. You must be with in a 90 day window of your positive test tho. But you can’t use the VeriFLY app. Checkin process was only about 30 mins from start to in our stateroom. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mexylopez said:

Yes they do, I showed my positive test and a letter of recovery from my Dr. You must be with in a 90 day window of your positive test tho. But you can’t use the VeriFLY app. Checkin process was only about 30 mins from start to in our stateroom. 

That was not on a cruise in Europe (as OP asked).

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 2:50 PM, mexylopez said:

Was it just a signed letter from your GP? Also going from Vancouver (inside passage) and curious what would be required if went this route.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, macaroni said:

Any updated information on whether HAL accepts a letter of recovery to board a European cruise out of Amsterdam. I would really like something in writing. Thanks!

From HAL's FAQ's for Europe.

Exceptions may apply for asymptomatic guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within 90 days of their embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, are fully recovered with no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19 infection. 

Documentation of Recovery consists of the following: 

• Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago), or 
  • A valid digital COVID-19 Certificate (DCC) or a document issued byan health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection. 

Guest who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion.

6 hours ago, rass2008 said:

Was it just a signed letter from your GP? Also going from Vancouver (inside passage) and curious what would be required if went this route.

On April 10th my husband I tested positive for covid using an at home rapid test. Our Alaskan cruise was May 4th to 11th Vancouver Inside Passage on the Zuiderdam.  We had a PCR test done on April 21st. Results for us both were positive although we were symptom free. When doing the health questionnaire just before our cruise I had to answer yes to the question asking if I had been in close contact with a confirmed covid case within the previous 14 days. I could go no further so I called Holland America and was told that the positive PCR test taken more than 10 days prior to our cruise would be acceptable. A note was put on our file and we were told an additional screening may be required. At the port when we explained we did not have a negative antigen test it did cause some confusion and we were taken aside. A call was made to the ship's nurse. A reference was made to the note on our file from Holland America and we were cleared to board. We had no letter of recovery and we did not have to do an antigen test. Everything that we did was following the guidelines but I would say for the most part people at the port are not aware that a positive PCR test taken within the guidelines is all that is needed. 

• Thanks 1

My friends son contracted covid about 6 weeks ago. He was scheduled to get his first booster shot the following week. He was 270 days past his second  immunization shot. They live in the Netherlands. Unfortunately you can not get a booster in the Netherlands for 90 days after getting covid. In the States it is only 5 days. Since he would not qualify to board according to HAL's booster requirement we asked for and received an exemption letter from HAL. He does have a certificate of recovery from the Netherlands Health Ministry. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Laminator said:

My friends son contracted covid about 6 weeks ago. He was scheduled to get his first booster shot the following week. He was 270 days past his second  immunization shot. They live in the Netherlands. Unfortunately you can not get a booster in the Netherlands for 90 days after getting covid. In the States it is only 5 days. Since he would not qualify to board according to HAL's booster requirement we asked for and received an exemption letter from HAL. He does have a certificate of recovery from the Netherlands Health Ministry. 

Two months after getting covid my granddaughter got her booster (by exception, I know) at the local Health Service in The Netherlands. Of course only after a perfect explanation by her parents about the multi generations family-HAL cruise etc.  😉 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rass2008 said:

Yes, a signed letter from my GP, we breezed right through 😃

• Thanks 1