New to Viking - curious about timing

GCBK10905

Hello!  We are on the Viking Sea for the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise in July (Barcelona to Venice).  We are new this this cruiseline so have lots of questions :). 

What time to you typically need to return back to the ship by each night?  Thinking as we book excursions that I want to make sure we don't miss the boat :).   Most of the cruises we have taken in the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean had a ~5pm return time so curious if that is the same for Viking in the Mediterranean?

4 minutes ago, GCBK10905 said:

Hello!  We are on the Viking Sea for the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise in July (Barcelona to Venice).  We are new this this cruiseline so have lots of questions :). 

What time to you typically need to return back to the ship by each night?  Thinking as we book excursions that I want to make sure we don't miss the boat :).   Most of the cruises we have taken in the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean had a ~5pm return time so curious if that is the same for Viking in the Mediterranean?

In most ports the pax return on board is 1/2 hr before the posted departure time.

You will find this information published in the Viking Daily, along with contact details for the Ship's Agent. Departing the vessel, at the gangway, you will also find a board posted listing the all-aboard time

7 minutes ago, MarkTapley said:

And adding a bit to Andy’s response:  the port departure times are listed on the Viking guest statement you received when booking your cruise.

And almost certainly have changed since then.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, duquephart said:

And almost certainly have changed since then.

To have the latest, request a new Guest Statement.   Changes will be on it.  You can telephone for this or request it through My Viking Journey.  

• Like 1

Where does the summary show in MVJ?  I've looked everywhere and don't see it in any of the categories. We made a deposit and have full payment of balance due May 31.

9 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

Where does the summary show in MVJ?  I've looked everywhere and don't see it in any of the categories. We made a deposit and have full payment of balance due May 31.

Go to chat and request one.

Thanks. I have the Guest Statement emailed by Viking. I'm trying to also find it in MVJ and haven't had any luck. Other things like our SSBP and shipboard credit are easily located.

11 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

Thanks. I have the Guest Statement emailed by Viking. I'm trying to also find it in MVJ and haven't had any luck. Other things like our SSBP and shipboard credit are easily located.

If you have booked with a TA, I believe the menu option to see your Guest Statement is not available in MVJ. Port arrival departure times are available in the calendar section of MVJ.

• Like 1

An easy way to figure out the port times for your cruise (and the times of your excursions and meal reservations - after you make them), is to select "Calendar" on the MVJ dropdown menu.   WIthout the need for an invoice, for each day, you will see Port Arrival and Port Departure times plus any booked excursions/reservations (times and what you chose).  If you are doing this on a laptop, instead of a Iphone type device (which requires you to go day by day for each day of the cruise to get the data), the display is different and you will see, on one printable page,  the entire cruise with port times, excursions and reservations. 

• Like 2