Mardi Gras Anytime Dining

nol4am

I know I saw threads about anytime dining on the Mardi Gras before. But I cannot find the thread about what restaurants are offered along with anytime dining on Mardi Gras. Can anyone tell what those other restaurants are? Do we need to make reservations for them before cruising or once we are on the ship? Thanks again!

Your Time Dining refers to your "timed" selection for the main dining room.  You will check in on the HUB app each day when you are ready to go the dining room (it's like a virtual check in line).  

All other paid and included dining options are available to you as well.

Cucina del Capitano, ChiBang, and Guy's Pig and Anchor Smokehouse are all included dining venues, and anytime dining allows wider access to the first two - those with anytime dining can request a table at Cucina and ChiBang at any time during dinner service, while those with assigned dining (early or late) are restricted from requesting a table until I believe 8pm or around there. There are no advanced reservations for these restaurants, you request a table day-of via the Hub app and are added to a waitlist. Guy's is available for anyone at dinner time and you just walk up to the host stand to request a table similar to a land restaurant. 

Advanced reservations are available and recommended for the three specialty restaurants - Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Rudi's Seagrill, and Bonsai Teppenyaki, at a cost of $35-42 pp. 

I found it interesting that it was also listed on our room card (see below - copied exactly from our card on a recent sailing where we had YTD):

Dining:  Cucina, Chibang, Palm Deck 7 (hubapp check in for all meals)

We sailed on Mardi Gras last week with YTD - and for the first time ever we never once went to the main dining rooms. Did Cucina four nights and Chibang three nights. The menus were extensive enough to avoid repetition, and both include a menu page of traditional stuff from the main dining room (albeit the same offerings every night - grilled steak, salmon, chocolate melting cake, etc). If you try Cucina I HIGHLY recommend asking for an outside table once you get there. It was cool and shady - loved, loved, loved eating outside. FWIW, We were technically assigned to the Palms main dining room - walked through it the first day and thought "no thanks" - seemed very cramped and underwhelming. 

• Like 3

On our Mardi Gras cruise last week, we did the dining room four nights.  The other three we did Cucina, Chibang and Guy's Pig and Anchor.  All three of these are included right now.  As someone else said, you use the hub app to check in for Cucina, Chibang, as well as the main dining room. Something to keep in mind is that the check in started earlier on Mardi Gras than on most other ships.  You could start checking in around 5:10, even though they didn't really open until 5:30.  With Guy's Pig and Anhor BBQ you just show up.  There is no check in for it.  Had the Filet there the first night, but my wife and I were not impressed with the BBQ.  The desserts were really good though.  I put together some other thoughts about our cruise.  You can check it out here if interested:

If we want to go to the MDR or Cucina or Chibang, do you think there will be a longer wait because there are 8 of us?  We do have anytime dining and a couple of nights I think we will go to the MDR.

I was thinking of going to Cucina to ask them earlier in the day we decide to go there for dinner to ask about seating for  8.  Thanks.

16 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I found it interesting that it was also listed on our room card (see below - copied exactly from our card on a recent sailing where we had YTD):

Dining:  Cucina, Chibang, Palm Deck 7 (hubapp check in for all meals)

Yes, because those two venues are automatically included in YTD on the Mardi Gras.  The assigned MDR is not big enough to accommodate everyone with YTD so they spread 'em out.  

We loved it.  

Frankly, it's almost a no-brainer to get YTD on the Mardi Gras in view of this greater flexibility.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nol4am said:

I know I saw threads about anytime dining on the Mardi Gras before. But I cannot find the thread about what restaurants are offered along with anytime dining on Mardi Gras. Can anyone tell what those other restaurants are? Do we need to make reservations for them before cruising or once we are on the ship? Thanks again!

The other person told you the restaurants that are included and how/when/where to get in line vs standing or hub.

We sailed MG in FEb and have always been in the MDR early seating folks.

We were not allowed to book other restaurants until 7:30 04 7:45 because we had early seating.

We sailed with friends who had anytime.  They were able to book a table for 4 (included us) for the Italian restaurant. 

The MDR seemed very empty comparably speaking to past cruises.  WIth the MG all the options are free for the most part.  We did and willa gain book the Teppanyaki grill - excellent.

We sail May 28th and this time we selected anytime dinging as we liked the other restaurant, plus you can order lobster on elegant night at a couple of those as well.  It was nice to change it up a bit.

We did not use the steak house as the selection of others was vast.  While it is nice to go to your table, having your ice tea or drink ready, knowing you want your slaad this way, and multiple entries from the same waiter, the change males for a great time and dining experience.

Again book the teppanyaki now or you'll be shot out - sold out on the MG!  It is fun at sea!

Typos - ignore them as i didn't proof read.

• Like 1