Live Cruising Review Adventure of the Seas 5/12/22 - 5/21/22 Bermuda / Caribbean Lots of Pictures !!!

9 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

This was supposed to be comedy night but the Comedian got Covid … so it’s a welcome aboard show

i wish more ships had these type of welcome aboard shows. i like it much better then the comedy. comedy is good but not as headliner show imho

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

Do you know if they ran a special for Chops for the first night? If so what was the price?

Thanks for posting great pictures. Have fun.

No first night specials onboard… just the 3 night package and not at a discount either… buy it on cruise planner before you get onboard!

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i wish more ships had these type of welcome aboard shows. i like it much better then the comedy. comedy is good but not as headliner show imho

This was just by accident because the Comedian got sick.  I do like it and it gives you a preview!

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hey Benny..what is the Alcohol package going for if you buy it onboard?  TIA

Great pictures, btw!😉

The compass that Benny posted said BOGO 1/2 off @ 98.00.  So, 98 + 49.00 = 147 + 18% gratuity or 173.46 ÷ 2 = 86.73 pp.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

MDR. … a little hectic … a little busy … food is good but it was better on the Oasis!  The food was not hot and lukewarm at best… I had to get another piece of friend chicken because I like my chicken hot otherwise it’s just soggy and cold.

A95CECD6-4F24-419D-A8AB-18D1465BD49B.jpeg

DC2D65E8-FE00-4451-B880-874B99064F47.jpeg

0E4C228C-AA80-4DC1-B84B-E886BBC1C342.jpeg

89B8B55D-2CE3-4457-A70A-3FD7222121A9.jpeg

85D5A37F-6822-43BD-8D6E-71D5A8E26C30.jpeg

BB20E755-A2C7-4457-85CD-90C5C5329081.jpeg

6005E769-81F2-4041-A7C3-83D35386AF95.jpeg

9CE9CD10-2F41-4C88-BC5E-96075D8A0C1C.jpeg

CCC21B7F-263F-4084-9D8F-3303589F06AF.jpeg

4 starters and 4 entrees.  Very impressive sir.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

4 starters and 4 entrees.  Very impressive sir.

The starters are like bite size pass horderves … and the soup btw super excellent Mushroom soup Chop’s quality and the squash soup from the Vegan menu is like from 150 Park.  I highly recommend the soups!

• Like 1

Day 1

The clock will be moved forward to match the time in Bermuda tonight / tomorrow morning.  I am used to staying on ship time but I guess every ship is different.

I have to say that the service on this ship is not a good as the Oasis.  The staff is definitely trying but of all the Royal ship I have been on this year this is at the bottom.  Is it going ruin the cruise… of course not… but when I ask my room steward for basic items like a feather pillow ( I got a thin iso toner pillow), I asked for ice ( no ice), no cups and no welcome cookies / water in the room it does cause an inconvenience but I cruise on.

One of the bar I went to had no Chardonnay of any kind, no champagne and half a glass of Sauvignon Blanc left that the bar tender just gave me 😂 no charge at all… he said check back tomorrow while they restock.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I want to see it … so I will mount it on my carry on 😆… I see my carry on more than my own bed !

That is oh so true.  Especially over the next 8 months, since you're in Europe twice and also down under, right?

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, BennyBrun said:

Pre Cruise…

Something else that’s different… I have any time dinning but they already made my dinner reservations for each day before I am even on the ship… I wonder if my escargot will be waiting for me at the table 😆 

E7F41BB8-B874-4FE8-94A4-01B9522D706A.jpeg

D1BA56D6-58F1-4274-BC9C-CCD29DF1801D.jpeg

I have My Time Dining scheduled for my upcoming AOS cruise in August. My last cruise was in 2018 and if I remember correctly we were able to pick a time that was convenient for us on the same day.  I thought the advantage of MY Time Dining was the flexibility it offered. But did you say they made a reservation for you prior to the cruise? Have they changed MDT since 2018 or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

Really enjoying reading your posts and the pictures are great too! Thank you for giving such a detailed account of the cruise. I'm picking up some valuable information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for letting me know about Chops. I too am in a spacious balcony when I cruise her. We’re you in the port side if so we’re you able to see the Statue of Liberty? I know it was foggy when you left but not sure if you captured her. 

are you forward or aft? Is there much rocking of the ship and how cool is it cruising in the Atlantic in May?

6 hours ago, Garycruz said:

I have My Time Dining scheduled for my upcoming AOS cruise in August. My last cruise was in 2018 and if I remember correctly we were able to pick a time that was convenient for us on the same day.  I thought the advantage of MY Time Dining was the flexibility it offered. But did you say they made a reservation for you prior to the cruise? Have they changed MDT since 2018 or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

the only change for MDT is now that it starts much later around 645

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Garycruz said:

Really enjoying reading your posts and the pictures are great too! Thank you for giving such a detailed account of the cruise. I'm picking up some valuable information.

This was a different for me because when I checked my calendar prior to departure I saw all my dinning reservations were made by Royal… I think they might be trying to be proactive to avoid overcrowding but I was able to make changes to the time once onboard.

Thank you so much!  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That is oh so true.  Especially over the next 8 months, since you're in Europe twice and also down under, right?

I have a British Isle in June, Greece in July/August, Alaska, Symphony of the Seas, Italy in November, Celebration if the ship is not delayed and then Australia in January.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

Checking in now, but off to get some sleep before we start our land vacation in the morning. I’ll be checking in here from my oceanview balcony - it just won’t be on a cruise ship! 

Enjoy your vacation!  Have a great time!

2 hours ago, Mary Louise said:

Thank you for letting me know about Chops. I too am in a spacious balcony when I cruise her. We’re you in the port side if so we’re you able to see the Statue of Liberty? I know it was foggy when you left but not sure if you captured her. 

are you forward or aft? Is there much rocking of the ship and how cool is it cruising in the Atlantic in May?

Very small Statue of Liberty but a great view of the 9 /11 Memorial in Bayonne!  You have to squint to see it!  Forward and I felt the rockin and rollin… feeling it now as we move towards Bermuda!

• Like 1