Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

21 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Not been on Princess before, or just excited 😉😂

Been on Princess before , now Elite, but NEVER had a drinks package in all of my 224 days at sea. Excited muchly.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I’ve added this to my list. I have all the questions so far listed in my onenote site with names of who asked them. If I get chance before we fly out Monday I’ll try and put them in a proper list (even try spreadsheet) and add answers. But we!ll see how I go.

I prob should start a “live” from coral 16 June and put it all in there.

Yes please to a “live from” thread! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Irene. 

I think inserting files only works if you use something like DropBox to store your documents. From that you can share a link which allows people to see the DropBox file you posted but nothing else of yours. I presume other cloud storage system will have something similar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Great, glad you could read it and add to it!

Very easy to read, thankyou 👏

This first cruise will be like a treasure hunt for you both. Finding all our answers. You are a real 💎 for doing all this for us.

And now talk of adding a “live from” you will definitely end up our all time favourite. 

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi Irene, I too would love to read a live blog from your cruise 🤗

In the meantime though, ANOTHER question - probably a silly one 🥴 We'll need internet access to view the QR code in the Medallion app, which I presume is our boarding pass, however I  haven't found confirmation that there's free wifi at the new Brisbane terminal (for us international traveller's without roaming). Guess Princess have this under control one way or another, but curious. I've saved a copy of the QR code in my photo gallery just in case and might even print it out to make sure there are no hiccups to getting on the ship 🛳 🍹 🌞

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jean C said:

In the meantime though, ANOTHER question - probably a silly one 🥴 We'll need internet access to view the QR code in the Medallion app, which I presume is our boarding pass, however I  haven't found confirmation that there's free wifi at the new Brisbane terminal (for us international traveller's without roaming). Guess Princess have this under control one way or another, but curious. I've saved a copy of the QR code in my photo gallery just in case and might even print it out to make sure there are no hiccups to getting on the ship 🛳 🍹 🌞

I’ll find out 🥰

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

From memory - viewing the Medallion at check in didn’t need wifi. Though it’s still worth getting Cbtours to confirm this, isn’t it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Very easy to read, thankyou 👏

This first cruise will be like a treasure hunt for you both. Finding all our answers. You are a real 💎 for doing all this for us.

And now talk of adding a “live from” you will definitely end up our all time favourite. 

I’m as super excited as everyone! 
On a totally different topic which we at CC are so famous for, I have a swag of inside info re picking the best flight! The best seat etc if anyone is interested lol

• Like 1

Read an article today from Cruise Weekly that said all Coral Princess cruises departing from Australia will be sailing at full capacity. I thought the first cruises in June were to be at reduced - even just 50%, capacity?

Does anyone know the actual answer to this as I can find no reference about it on the Princess Australia Protocols? Or add it to Cbtours “to find out” list?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Read an article today from Cruise Weekly that said all Coral Princess cruises departing from Australia will be sailing at full capacity. I thought the first cruises in June were to be at reduced - even just 50%, capacity?

Does anyone know the actual answer to this as I can find no reference about it on the Princess Australia Protocols? Or add it to Cbtours “to find out” list?

I saw that article too but it could be interpreted that they sold out (ie full capacity” ) of the berths they allowed. So technically it would still be full capacity ! But I’ll check it out 🕵️♀️

9 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

It was discussed in their webinar when they announced the protocols?? If the case, I am not sure Princess head office talking to a US cruise media site would necessarily have the full picture.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It was discussed in their webinar when they announced the protocols?? If the case, I am not sure Princess head office talking to a US cruise media site would necessarily have the full picture.

Hope your right 🤞

42 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I recall that in the Princess webinar it was said that the first three cruises will be at less than full capacity. I think it was 80%. After that they will still keep some cabins empty to use for possible quarantine accommodation.

Hi All,

sailing on 26th 😁, long overdue like all of you.  Long time cruisers but first on Princess, very excited.

My question is how formal are the formal nights?  Used to always take suit for DH until a few years ago with RC, not sure what the “norm” is here?

Thanks

Sharon

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KAYTWO said:

Hi All,

sailing on 26th 😁, long overdue like all of you.  Long time cruisers but first on Princess, very excited.

My question is how formal are the formal nights?  Used to always take suit for DH until a few years ago with RC, not sure what the “norm” is here?

Thanks

Sharon

We are long-time Princess cruisers, also going on the 26th. On formal nights,  most of the men wear a dark suit/shirt/tie, about a quarter wear a dinner suit, and the other quarter wear smart casual (maybe a vest with shirt/tie, or whatever). The dress code for the dining room is dark suit or dinner suit, but this doesn't apply in the buffet. I suggest you take the suit, so your husband isn't in the minority.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KAYTWO said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Sharon

Dark trousers, collar & tie is perfectly acceptable - in a sense, a suit without the need for a coat/jacket.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

Dark trousers, collar & tie is perfectly acceptable - in a sense, a suit without the need for a coat/jacket.

Absolutely. Was on a Princess cruise where partner hadn't taken a long sleeved shirt but went to MDR on formal night wearing smart long trousers and a smart cotton short sleeved shirt. Was denied entry.  However, a man who we often saw in the MDR was allowed in wearing a grubby, faded looking windcheater jacket (picture Kevin Webster from Coronation Street) that had long sleeves!!!  

IMO, weight of a jacket is a hassle for those flying in and with such strict weight limits of airlines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

IMO, weight of a jacket is a hassle for those flying in and with such strict weight limits of airlines.

We fly in for cruises - from warm Nth Qld - hubby wears his sports jacket on the plane, flight attendants hang it up for the flights - packing it solved 👍

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Depends how flashy his jacket is lol. 

Or how good 😉 did say sports jacket - covers a multitude of types and with todays fabulous fabrics … well travel is easy for men too 👍

Edited by Porky55
  • Haha 1