Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

Thanks for all the info.  Going on this cruise in August.  Is the Cruse Compass paper or is it a phone download?  I heard they are trying to do away with the paper version and just go electronic.  Hope not - old fashioned paper for me please.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mikewa said:

Thanks for all the info.  Going on this cruise in August.  Is the Cruse Compass paper or is it a phone download?  I heard they are trying to do away with the paper version and just go electronic.  Hope not - old fashioned paper for me please.

There was a paper Compass on our bed every night and we did not request it.  We had to request a regular menu in the MDR the 1st night. After that they brought them out.  It looked like most around us were using regular menus. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Before I continue I want to mention we plan to stay in Seattle until Sunday.   I have been considering to continue the review to give some insight on what to do at the Seattle port. What do you think?

Wonderful! We are also staying until Sunday. Friday doing a food tour at Pike Place Market and Space Needle or MoPop museum. Sunday Chihuly Glass, aquarium and Agrosy Harbor Cruise all except the food tour with the CityPass. DH has a walking disabilty so to get around we will taxi, Uber or City bus. There is a neat app Rome2rio that looks to be really helpful that tells the price of taxi etc or walk time works like a gps with multiple options. I hope we can fit it all in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After the quilts we went next door to Klondike Doughboy.  While preparing for this cruise I heard it was a must try.

image.thumb.png.c31a9d22bd49821c2e25aa2a88b28c54.png

A Doughboy is like a flat funnel cake. You can see them being made. 

image.thumb.png.ab92cb0a23c62cebed7aafa5f0d0eaee.png

We saw how big they were so we decided to spit it between the 4 of us.

image.thumb.png.a0892172ebd9f7c0fd95ed6c4d50599a.png

That was a big mistake to split it.   These things are sooooo good.   Do not skip getting one....or two.  Do NOT share.

image.thumb.png.efc217a3b1fc5d7fc906d91835e561fe.png

When you are in Victoria I heard you have to try a beavertail at the Beavertail store downtown.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our daughter has done this and recommended it.  Not sure how to do it.  Do you just show up?  

I booked a food tour with a local chef through Viator next Thursday. The tour includes 9 stops for different bites and snacks in the Market. Looking forward to that. We sail next Friday. 

Edited by twinmommy08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lorey, Think about doing Chihuly the same day as Needle and Mopop since they are so close and doing PPM, aquarium and harbor cruise the same day since they are close. If you have to skip any of these don't miss Chihuly and PPM. sightcrr

Edited by SightCRR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I got one this trip. The last time, the line was out the door, and you’re right....scrumptious!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SightCRR said:

Lorey, Think about doing Chihuly the same day as Needle and Mopop since they are so close and doing PPM, aquarium and harbor cruise the same day since they are close. If you have to skip any of these don't miss Chihuly and PPM. sightcrr

I'll have to rethink that. I just didn't want to do too much on the day we get off the ship. We can drop our luggage & have the PPP food tour booked for 10:30 since our hotel check in isn't until 3:00. I also have to make reservations with the CityPass for some of the places.

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Like 1

Our last at sea day started in 270.
image.thumb.png.21518cce380db62cbe9548de7df26bcd.png

Then we went to the bummer cars.
image.thumb.png.3963a00a80831f27e4d844436be3ad38.png

Then we tried Fish and Ships. 
image.thumb.png.f5fd50d95dffba7a230670c0ad161ec0.png

image.thumb.png.655aef3de7aeeec5e10754fcd462f3d2.png

Before the cruise I was looking forward to Fish and Ships.   It wasn't bad just not special.  I ate the Halibut and chips just for the Halibut.   It may not of seemed so special because I eating it at Skagway. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our daughter has done this and recommended it.  Not sure how to do it.  Do you just show up?  

I made a reservation with Showmeseattle.com after watching a vloger's youtube video.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

Wonderful! We are also staying until Sunday. Friday doing a food tour at Pike Place Market and Space Needle or MoPop museum. Sunday Chihuly Glass, aquarium and Agrosy Harbor Cruise all except the food tour with the CityPass. DH has a walking disabilty so to get around we will taxi, Uber or City bus. There is a neat app Rome2rio that looks to be really helpful that tells the price of taxi etc or walk time works like a gps with multiple options. I hope we can fit it all in.

On a whim, we did The Seattle Underground Tour this morning.  We enjoyed every minute!!  However, with a disability it'd be tough as there is a lot of up and down stairs and such. 

• Like 5

Before I continue I want to mention we plan to stay in Seattle until Sunday.   I have been considering to continue the review to give some insight on what to do at the Seattle port. What do you think?

Hands down...YES!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After the quilts we went next door to Klondike Doughboy.  While preparing for this cruise I heard it was a must try.

A Doughboy is like a flat funnel cake. You can see them being made. 

That was a big mistake to split it.   These things are sooooo good.   Do not skip getting one....or two.  Do NOT share.

Thanks!!.......there is another pound or two! 🤣

• Like 1

John,  Pike's Place is an open air market that you can walk through.  They sell flowers, food, all sorts of "stuff'.  The must see is the fish market when they are throwing the fish.  Have fun.  Sorry to have missed you.

Pat

6 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Hands down...YES!!!

Right!  We've been here since early yesterday before boarding tomorrow.  This town rocks.  I will say, Pikes Places got nutty today with a ship in port.  We had lunch by the the ferris wheel and then retreated to 6th Street for dinner at The Victor.  The happiest of happy hours there. 

• Like 1