Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Ozark_Kid was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

2E9607A0-8127-4A6F-B6D7-5FA2861D0527.thumb.jpeg.2d9dbd1eb4b95474f9e0c54b6c87b557.jpeg

When you book a cruise to Hawaii and it gets canceled what do you do?  Yes! Go to Alaska!  Makes sense.  I am leaving 91° , feels like 101° weather to where I will be lucky to see temperatures above 55°!  🥶 My body does not handle below 55° weather well.  Should I be doing this? As I am typing the Jackson 5 started singing, "Got to Be There"…. 🤔 

I have been following along @graphicguy  great live review.  Once he posted the ice cream machine was up and running on Ovation it got me excited.  Even though I may not visit it as much as I do in the Caribbean, I need my traditional ice cream visit.  Let’s go!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

My 1st and only live review was on Symphony back in October. Being a first live was challenging but my CC friends got me through It.  Visiting familiar ports made it a bit easier.  This is our 1st trip to Alaska.  There is much to do at the ports.  Maybe some others cruising this week will pitch in.  

6ED46AF5-B6B4-407D-A862-8EDE9C540EE4.thumb.jpeg.f8cdf2545172306778a7b28137bddf11.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Let me be the first to wish you safe travels.

I am glad you will be posting your travels.

I really  liked your Symphony thread last year.

Take care

Stay healthy

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We had to be dropped off early.   Our plane leaves at 1:20 so we have a 3 hour wait.  Check - in was a breeze. While checking in our bags the lady noticed we were going to Seattle.   We told her we were cruising to Alaska and she was so exited.   She asked me to right down this review!  I hope she is able to find it!

Going through TSA was so quick.   We are waiting for our cruise friends to join us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

I’m in Seattle already. Today’s forecast is rain with a high of 51 degrees. The good news is that the rain should end overnight to give us a cool but rain-free boarding day. 

Thanks for joining in!

51⁰ 🥶 It's almost 11am here and it's 87⁰  and forcast to be 92⁰  when we fly out.  It's hot here.  Thought I would say that now.  I don't think I will have that opportunity the rest of the trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry I'm late but I'll be following along for all the fun you will be having. I'm interested in this itinerary since it looks like a good one. Safe travels and enjoy. Cheers and have a beverage or two for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’m still on board and I’m jealous of you embarking tomorrow.

You’ll have a great time!  

Wish you where staying on.  Enjoyed following you this week.  Feel free to add to this one.  

• Like 4

We have landed in Denver, grabbed something to eat and now only have 3 more hours to wait.  If I remember this food, I will not have any complaints about the cruise food!

I have never been to the Denver Airport.   We are in the Southwest Airlines area.  I looked down to the floor below use and it reminded us of Starwars. 

image.thumb.png.93262d20ff298419e5bb6295a191296e.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2