TRIVIA GAMES

riki

Majority rules:

It does not matter what the correct answer it. The accepted answer is the one the majority of answers say it is.

For example: Who was the first President of the United States?

If 15 answers are George Washington and 16 answers are Teddy Roosevelt, then the winning answer is Teddy Roosevelt and teams with that answer get the point.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Majority rules:

It does not matter what the correct answer it. The accepted answer is the one the majority of answers say it is.

For example: Who was the first President of the United States?

If 15 answers are George Washington and 16 answers are Teddy Roosevelt, then the winning answer is Teddy Roosevelt and teams with that answer get the point.

I have just one question Who is the moron that invented this game??

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ten in Sixty is basically a game where you have sixty seconds to name a to ten list. I.e the first 10 James Bond films. You get a point for each right answer. You can stop the clock i you know all ten. 

• Thanks 1

Ten in sixty.

Post #4 explains the game. You do have the option to stop the game by raising your hand. If you do you are called to verbally provide all 10 correct answers. If you do you receive extra points and everyone else receives no points. Example the 10 events in the decathlon, first ten prime numbers. 

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I have just one question Who is the moron that invented this game??

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

I do not know, but it is usually well attended and is fun as your team tries to figure out what the most popular answer will be.

The best part of the Majority Rules game is that the morons that seem to think they are super smart by looking the answer up on their phone with the internet plan don't necessarily get it right.

The point of the game is seeing what funny answers people come up with.

I remember a transpacific cruise we took.  Our Cruise director MC'd Majority Rules, and at the beginning he said 'no answers of 'depends''. Because of the length of the cruise, most pax were retirees.  One question was 'what do the Pax on this ship need the most of?' or something like that.  So, course plenty of people wrote in "Depends', a brand of incontinence underwear.  He had never of them, telling us off for using the word 'Depends'.  Someone in the audience then explained what they were, and he did a mild  'wth' at the idea before moving on.

He also asked 'what cartoon character do I most resemble?' Of course, our CD was African-British, and as most pax reached back to the cartoons they watched a as kids, the most popular answer was 'Fat Albert' from a 70's cartoon.  Now, our CD was by no means overweight; it just was the name of the character, and there just weren't that many black characters of any type to choose from back then.

Edited by Qextor

14 hours ago, caribill said:

I do not know, but it is usually well attended and is fun as your team tries to figure out what the most popular answer will be.

Yes, I would think the questions asked are not simple facts like first US President or the color of the sky, etc.

18 hours ago, skynight said:

Ten in sixty.

Post #4 explains the game. You do have the option to stop the game by raising your hand. If you do you are called to verbally provide all 10 correct answers. If you do you receive extra points and everyone else receives no points. Example the 10 events in the decathlon, first ten prime numbers. 

How long does the responder have to answer the question?  For example, I could stop the clock immediately when the CD Staff member poses the prime number question and start 2,3,5,7,11 and so forth, but might be slowing a beat for the last one or two to make sure I didn't slip up.  I mean I could see someone jumping the gun thinking they could get 10 things out for whatever question by thinking and answering simultaneously, but they might be taking extra time to do it.

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

How long does the responder have to answer the question?  For example, I could stop the clock immediately when the CD Staff member poses the prime number question and start 2,3,5,7,11 and so forth, but might be slowing a beat for the last one or two to make sure I didn't slip up.  I mean I could see someone jumping the gun thinking they could get 10 things out for whatever question by thinking and answering simultaneously, but they might be taking extra time to do it.

Maybe one minute. But if you make one error you are out. In your example I have seen people begin with 1. They are out immediately.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:34 PM, skynight said:

Maybe one minute. But if you make one error you are out. In your example I have seen people begin with 1. They are out immediately.

1 was a prime number when I went to school. Did something change? 🤔

Edited by SinbadThePorter