Butchers Cut Meal

cruisers5

1 hour ago, cruisers5 said:

Is a tip required with dining in Butchers Cut?  Do they add a “service charge” to the bill, or is it at my discretion?  What if it’s a “free” meal, with being diamond?

For the chargeable dining (non-Diamond meal) you will incur the 15% service charge.  For the Diamond meal, I think you use your conscience!  The diamond meal technically includes service charge (since it is $0 for the bill), unless you order drinks or order off menu, and the15% service charge would be applied.  Additional "tipping" is discretionary.  I think of it like MSC's guidance on not tipping individual employees.  It's a stated policy, and largely ignored by many passenger's on Cruises from US ports.  We have only sailed YC, and we have always tipped service employees we regularly use (Butler, Jr. Butler, Dining room staff, concierges, bar waiters, and the pool guards/attendants).  On a "free" meal, I would treat it like a Groupon.  Figure what the full amount would be for the two meals if purchased at regular price ($60/person or so), and tip based on that artificial amount.  Tipping is not required, but is appreciated.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, JAGR said:

.....On a "free" meal, I would treat it like a Groupon.  Figure what the full amount would be for the two meals if purchased at regular price ($60/person or so), and tip based on that artificial amount.  Tipping is not required, but is appreciated.

I agree, that is broadly what we do for the free meal $15 if good service and $20 if excellent....or same in euros depending on on board currency.

• 4 weeks later...

Questions about this Voyager Club "complimentary specialty restaurant "Tasting Menu" dinner per stateroom:

My husband and I each have attained Diamond Status on Voyager Club.  Do we each get a complimentary meal, or is it only one, since we are sharing the stateroom?

What is the "Tasting Menu", and what restaurants does it apply to on the Davina?

1 minute ago, Mrs. Walkinman said:

Questions about this Voyager Club "complimentary specialty restaurant "Tasting Menu" dinner per stateroom:

My husband and I each have attained Diamond Status on Voyager Club.  Do we each get a complimentary meal, or is it only one, since we are sharing the stateroom?

What is the "Tasting Menu", and what restaurants does it apply to on the Davina?

It is ONE per stateroom.  Your best bet on the Divina is to have the tasting menu at Butcher's Cut.  There's plenty of reference to what that includes on the boards.

• Like 1

Butcher’s Cut on Seashore - it was one of the best Caesar salads and filets I have had.  The cheese rolls + butters were excellent, too.

Crunchy bits of Parmesan along with shaved Parmesan.

93D0E510-43E7-48B6-BB41-C2C8CB37B180.thumb.jpeg.61fc78ed97a572beac2b912741265408.jpeg

I couldn’t finish my Dining Experience meal at Butcher’s cut, so they boxed and bagged my leftovers. Leftover filet for breakfast was great.

17 hours ago, alohayall said:

Butcher’s Cut on Seashore - it was one of the best Caesar salads and filets I have had.  The cheese rolls + butters were excellent, too.

Crunchy bits of Parmesan along with shaved Parmesan. 185.43 kB · 0 downloads

93D0E510-43E7-48B6-BB41-C2C8CB37B180.thumb.jpeg.61fc78ed97a572beac2b912741265408.jpeg

I couldn’t finish my Dining Experience meal at Butcher’s cut, so they boxed and bagged my leftovers. Leftover filet for breakfast was great.

Yes, even the limited menu benefit is filling and I can eat a lot.  That starter bread basket and butter is wonderful.

• Like 2