Hotel in Brooklyn

reps23

4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Suggestions for Manhattan Financial district - want to do 9/11 memorial.

Hi

Both the hotels.com and trip adviser have maps showing hotels in the area you prefer

You can put in your dates and criteria for price and amenities

There are also reviews

We on here can tell you where we have stayed but don't know prices for your dates

On 5/13/2022 at 7:17 PM, Got2Cruise said:

I think your best choice under these circumstances is the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge because it is a full service property with a restaurant on premises. Also the location is safe. 

There are other properties in Brooklyn with lower rates but these are not full service properties and some of the areas are sketchy. 

Having lived in Brooklyn 59 years I agree that the Mattiott is a good choice.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 7:17 PM, Got2Cruise said:

I think your best choice under these circumstances is the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge because it is a full service property with a restaurant on premises. Also the location is safe. 

There are other properties in Brooklyn with lower rates but these are not full service properties and some of the areas are sketchy. 

We stayed there in midMay, and our only complaint about it is that there is no onsite restaurant.  There is only a carry out cafe area with a huge line no matter what time of day you are there.  We were very happy with our room, the cleanliness, the staff and the area.  However,  a full service hotel in this price range should have onsite restaurant.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FritzG said:

We stayed there in midMay, and our only complaint about it is that there is no onsite restaurant.  There is only a carry out cafe area with a huge line no matter what time of day you are there.  We were very happy with our room, the cleanliness, the staff and the area.  However,  a full service hotel in this price range should have onsite restaurant.  

Wow. That’s good to know and I agree. The description clearly states on-site Restaurant. 

1 hour ago, Got2Cruise said:

Wow. That’s good to know and I agree. The description clearly states on-site Restaurant. 

Yes, the on-site restaurant was one of the reasons we booked the hotel.  They used the pandemic as the reason for closing the restaurant,  but it should have been noted on their website. 

15 hours ago, FritzG said:

They used the pandemic as the reason for closing the restaurant,  but it should have been noted on their website. 

Of course! If the hotel is able to keep the website booking facility working during the pandemic, then the hotel should also keep the list of hotel amenities updated. Fortunately, there are many restaurants in downtown Brooklyn, so need to go hungry, but having to leave and walk outside could be an inconvenience for which one should not have to endure if paying top dollar for a hotel.

• Like 1