Elegant Nights

we b cruzin

4 minutes ago, we b cruzin said:

Anyone?

Normally....I do stress 'normally', the elegant nights are the evening of the first sea day, and the next to the last night full sea day. Ok. Is it as clear as 6' of muddy water? :classic_laugh:    Sorry, but you'll have to figure out what those nights are. It always drives me nuts too, if that's any consolation. 

by looking at the itineraries it looks like days 2 and 6 but don't quote me on that.

On the first elegant night they have lobster tail (small) and prime rib. Can't remember the 2nd elegant night.

The waiter did tell my wife and I they are small and if you want more to let him know.

4 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

by looking at the itineraries it looks like days 2 and 6 but don't quote me on that.

On the first elegant night they have lobster tail (small) and prime rib. Can't remember the 2nd elegant night.

The waiter did tell my wife and I they are small and if you want more to let him know.

Well! That was damned nice of the waiter to say so! Just a reminder that you can ask for more! Don't be shy! It's your cruise after all.

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Well! That was damned nice of the waiter to say so! Just a reminder that you can ask for more! Don't be shy! It's your cruise after all.

Our waiter was awesome. Didn't find him til day 2 or 3 as we had anytime dining but we asked at the hostess station to have his area nightly for the rest of the cruise. He took care of every night bringing us things we didn't even order. We definitely took care of him on the ship and in the survey.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Our waiter was awesome. Didn't find him til day 2 or 3 as we had anytime dining but we asked at the hostess station to have his area nightly for the rest of the cruise. He took care of every night bringing us things we didn't even order. We definitely took care of him on the ship and in the survey.

Good job! That's the way it's done. Once a very wise man said to me: "Diplomacy is the art of having someone have your way. I live by that motto. :classic_wink:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I usually get three, wife gets two, waiter will insist if we want more lol.

As has been reported, it's nights 2 and 6.  Don't really need to get dressed up.  A pair of slacks and a collared golf shirt will suffice for men.  A dress or black slacks with sparkly blouse will suffice for women.  On one of the two nights they will have my favorite dessert, Grand Marnier Souffle.

On the Panorama, lobster tail was offered for the first elegant night and filet mignon for the second.  The recent menus posted for various itineraries were identical to that on the Panorama, so I assume it’s pretty standard.

6 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

On the Panorama, lobster tail was offered for the first elegant night and filet mignon for the second.  The recent menus posted for various itineraries were identical to that on the Panorama, so I assume it’s pretty standard.

Yes same on Vista last week of April. Lobster tail and prime rib first elegant night so you can easily do surf and turf.

However second elegant night was I think night 4 after Belize instead of night 6 on a sea day. Menus are subject to change but pretty much standardized as you mentioned. 

Some cruises are also featuring unique 50th anniversary throwback entrees some nights but it looks unpredictable night to night and ship to ship.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Anyone see Beef Wellington lately?

They had it on the Sailabration cruises but I have not yet seen it on any of the other menus. At least one reviewer wasn't too impressed with it.

I saw weiner schintzel on one recently with the little 50 logo. It seems to be somewhat random which ships are featuring the occasional throwback entrees and when, so I would not try to book my cruise around the expectation. More of a happy accident / bonus if it shows up.