How many Diamond Plus Members?

My wife and I are Diamond plus with 30 RCI cruise credits to our name. Know a few others on these boards but have no idea as to the total. On many of our cruises, there have been guests with nearly a hundred RCI cruises to their credit, but on our last two cruises we had the most past cruises of those sailing with us.

My wife and I are Diamond plus with 30 RCI cruise credits to our name. Know a few others on these boards but have no idea as to the total. On many of our cruises, there have been guests with nearly a hundred RCI cruises to their credit, but on our last two cruises we had the most past cruises of those sailing with us.

Congrats on being Diamond Plus and Thanks for the reply. The last cruise we were on there were very few Diamond Members which made us wonder how many were out there. We have found the information on the cruise critic board to be very helpful but knowing someone that has "been there and done that" especially someone who has a lot of cruise credits makes us a lot more comfortable when reading threads on this board.

You are Gold status when you have sailed once with Royal Caribbean.

You reach Platinum status when you have 5 cruise credits.

You reach Diamond status when you have 10 cruise credits.

You reach Diamond Plus status when you have 24 cruise credits.

The Diamond Plus designation is fairly new. On our last two cruises, Serenade last July and Enchantment last August, we were the only Diamond Plus passengers. (We have sailed on RCI 31 times) When I walked into the Crown and Anchor lounge for the first time, they knew who I was! I guess they looked up our boarding card pictures. Anyway, on both cruises we got quite a bit of special attention including a fantastic upgrade on the Enchantment.

The Diamond Plus designation is fairly new. On our last two cruises, Serenade last July and Enchantment last August, we were the only Diamond Plus passengers. (We have sailed on RCI 31 times) When I walked into the Crown and Anchor lounge for the first time, they knew who I was! I guess they looked up our boarding card pictures. Anyway, on both cruises we got quite a bit of special attention including a fantastic upgrade on the Enchantment.

31 times that is impressive. I guess you like cruising? lol They should know who you are and take very good care of you. Congrats on being DP! Smooth sailing.

You are Gold status when you have sailed once with Royal Caribbean.

You reach Platinum status when you have 5 cruise credits.

You reach Diamond status when you have 10 cruise credits.

You reach Diamond Plus status when you have 24 cruise credits.

It's amazing what you will find by doing a quick search on RCI's website ;) :D

###

We are Diamond members at this point with 24' date=' but June we will board with Diamond Plus I guess. We just attained number 24 in February. I don't really expect to see much difference but we will see.[/quote']

Congrats on turning DP. If you don't mind let us know what additional benifits you get with diamond plus. Thanks & smooth sailing.

Hi Tracy - I am on a pre-inaug Freedom, and then the 6/4 and 6/11 sailings. It's my birthday cruise. :) It will be great to meet you! I'm really glad you said hi. Let's stay in touch. I love having something to look forward to, especially when its 23-but-feel-like-10 degrees outside!

We are Diamond members at this point with 24' date=' but June we will board with Diamond Plus I guess. We just attained number 24 in February. I don't really expect to see much difference but we will see.[/quote']

There are a few neat extras for Diamond Plus members. Before your cruise you should get a call from C&A asking what special amenity you would like in your stateroom (some of the things offered have been slippers, flowers, RCI beach towel). Also a few weeks prior to sailing you can request, and will receive if available, an upgrade. On our last cruise we received a complimentary upgrade from a D1 to an Owners Suite. Onboard we also had our choice of a bridge tour, galley tour, or a backstage theater tour. Some of those tours were also available to other guests but I think the bridge tour was pretty much limited.

There are a lot of Diamond members (we have been on cruises where they had to open a satellite concierge lounge to handle everyone) so I don't think it will be long until there are quite a few Diamond Plus members as well.

I am curious about the number of DP also. We are DP with twenty-seven (27)cruise credits with RCI and thirty-three (33) cruises total. We are hoping for an invite on the Freedom promotional cruise to nowhere. RCI is currently inviting DP based upon the number of cruise credits. We are currently booked on the Enchantment on 4-6-06 and the member cruise on the Freedom on 10-15-06.

It's my birthday cruise. :)

Mine too!!! Well, to celebrate anyway. My actual birthday is on Memorial Day...the big four oh (no!) :)

I'll be here on CC probably almost daily until then, so I will be staying in touch for sure.

Warning though....I'll be hating you on Sunday the 11th when I am disembarking and you are sipping the beverage of your choice on the pool deck! :o

Tracy

I am curious about the number of DP also. We are DP with twenty-seven (27)cruise credits with RCI and thirty-three (33) cruises total. We are hoping for an invite on the Freedom promotional cruise to nowhere. RCI is currently inviting DP based upon the number of cruise credits. We are currently booked on the Enchantment on 4-6-06 and the member cruise on the Freedom on 10-15-06.

We'll look for you on the 15th. If you haven't already done so, check out the thread for this cruise. Lots of folks on it and we should have a great time.

My DW and I know that we have a ways to go to be DP. We are achieving the status of Diamond this coming weekend, and it's a long way to go for the DP status. We know that someday we will make it, but we seem to alternate between RCCl, X and HAL, with a few other lines thrown in as we find great deals.

We are always treated so well on RCCL and X that it's hard to cruise on other lines..........only some of the others seem to have give aways on pricing from time to time!!

Rick

It's amazing what you will find by doing a quick search on RCI's website ;) :D

###

I guess that we're just a bunch of enablers, PC. Why bother doing any work yourself when you know that someone else will answer your question in return for far less effort on your part? ;) ;) ;)

Archived