Air2Sea seat assignments

Maybe, maybe not.

Air2Sea is consolidator. Consolidators negotiate with airlines for air travel tickets. Sometimes this includes negotiating the Terms and Conditions or restrictions associated with that particular ticket. That could include (or not include) seat assignments, miles earned, transferability, etc.

Either way, even though you made the reservation, the cruise line does not actually "pay" for the tickets until about 45 to 60 days before the scheduled flight. In some instances, even if you can select seats, you may not be able to until the ticket is paid for.

You would need to call the airline and Request seat assignments, and depending on the airline, pay for them. 

A few years ago, we were not able to book seats online even though I could see our reservation. 

I am in the same situation and plan on calling this week to get seat assignments for our ITA flights from JFK to FCO

39 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

DW and I have just booked flights via air2 sea, and curious if we can choose seat assignments?

Try to figure out the exact booking fare and then see if that allows seat assignments with the airline.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I realize this is an old post but thought I would add to it.  We booked Air2Sea for our cruise in May 2023.  We are flying on United to Rome from Chicago and on American from Athens to Chicago.  Our final payment is not due until February 2023.  I was able to get us seat assignments for the United flight but not able to get us seat assignment on the American flight.

Also, if you reprice your airfare on Air2Sea due to price drops, you need to go back in and select your seats again.  Our direct roundtrip airfare was originally at $1,050 per person.  It has dropped twice since we originally booked.  It is now $888 per person.  The nice thing with Air2Sea is we don't have to pay for our tickets until final payment.

I just hope we don't have some of the same problems I've been hearing about Air2Sea in which flights get rebooked or cancelled.  There are about 30 of us on the same flights.