Celebrity in Toulon, France port

lasekeye

Has anyone recently stopped in Toulon?

I’m looking for info re: ship to town.

Does Celebrity have a “free” option, or must we pay for the service?….shuttle/ferry, I’m trying to plan our day.

ALSO, if you didn’t take an excursion out of Toulon, what did you do that day?  I’m not really finding much to do in my research.

When we were there we rented a car and drove to Aix-en-Provene wandered the town, it was market day so that was fun, had lunch and took a leisurely drive back to the port.

Another we joined 2 couple from the Roll Call and did a wine tour another great day.

When we did a Celebrity Mediterranean cruise back in 2017 that ported at Toulon, we took a shuttle bus into town if I remember correctly.  I do not recall what it cost, probably a minimal fee.  But I do recall the wonderful shops there.  We bought a beautiful art piece at a gallery in town.

We booked a private tour that I would not recommend to do a wine tasting, a quick drive through a beach town, and a nice lunch at the deserted village of  Castelet. We were left with ample time to stroll though Toulon. This year I will be making another stop at this port. My plan is to taxi to Bandol and Sanury-Sur-Mer. 

We were there - docked at the smaller town across the bay - in 2014.  We went looking for transportation to Toulon, and ended up staying in the town.  We liked it so much we spent our entire day there. There is evidence of a former shipyard, a bridge designed by Eiffel, which is now a tower, a town with a market.  Totally non-touristy.  I wish I could remember the name.

First time we stopped there we took an excursion to Aix-en-Provence and loved it.  Second time there we rented bicycles from a company that had setup on the pier https://www.mabicyclettebleue.fr/en-fr/ and in the morning biked into town to explore and grab lunch.  In the afternoon we biked back to the ship and continued on to a beach area nearby for a quick swim and a drink.