Royal up question

Never bid on one and have no emails prompting me about it.  So I went on Royal website and did the last name and reservation number.  A box popped up saying make sure you are within 30 days of your sailing.   So you can’t bid until then?   I swear I’ve read people already winning bids that far out?  

Also, we are a family of 5 and this time we are in an ultra spacious stateroom.  So that means the 5th always has a different booking number (even though in same cabin).  How does that work with Royal up since it may only show the booking for 4 out of 5 of us when I put in that reservation number?   

Am I going to stump the cc experts here with that last question?  

Any advice/expertise is appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

Every ship is different.  Try again 45 days out and see.  Mostly invites seem to go out about 3 days out, but there are exceptions.

Are you saying invites don’t go out until 3 days before the ship departs?   I thought it all happened much earlier and assignments were typically last few days before departure.  

Email offers for Royal Up often come well before 30 days til sailing. But the website feature isn’t available until 30 days prior. So those who received an email could have bid before the 30 days. 

As far as the fifth person, as long as he/she is booked in the same cabin, it shouldn’t be an issue as you only pay for two. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Email offers for Royal Up often come well before 30 days til sailing. But the website feature isn’t available until 30 days prior. So those who received an email could have bid before the 30 days. 

Ok.  Tnx.  Wonder why we don’t get any emails.  Is there a setting for that or just random?  

1 minute ago, topnole said:

Ok.  Tnx.  Wonder why we don’t get any emails.  Is there a setting for that or just random?  

Who knows?…. I had a B2B on Indy and got an offer for one week but not the other. No one could explain why as it’s done by an outside company. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, topnole said:

In our experience it is random. We received invitation emails for our July 9 Mariner on Monday and for our July 17 Mariner last night, but nothing for our July 4 Mariner (first leg of a B3B). When I went out to the RoyalUp site on Monday, Tuesday, and yesterday afternoon I got the 30 day pop up on both the 7/4 and 7/17 legs, but received the invitation email for the 7/17 leg two hours later. The 7/5 sailing is still getting the 30 day pop up.

We have also gone out to their site 60+ days out and made bids without ever getting an email.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

If you booked with the BOX, you won't get emails.

We recently have been getting emails on the evening prior to the cruise. They send out emails even after all staterooms are full, to cover for last minute cancellations.

We booked directly with Royal.  

I think Ken has said that the reservation system only can handle 4 in a cabin so person 5 is on a separate reservation.  For RoyalUP, the first two people in the cabin pay the bid.  The rest do not.  Even if you bid with the one person reservation number they will charge twice the bid, so bid with the four person number.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LeeW said:

I think Ken has said that the reservation system only can handle 4 in a cabin so person 5 is on a separate reservation.  For RoyalUP, the first two people in the cabin pay the bid.  The rest do not.  Even if you bid with the one person reservation number they will charge twice the bid, so bid with the four person number.

Correct.  5 booked in a cabin always has two reservation numbers (5th has their own number).  Are the Royal ups done based on the reservation number or the cabin?   In other words, is the system set up to handle it or is Royal up just not an option for 5 in a cabin?   Just curious as I’d like to try to bid on a suite if it allows me to do it for all 5 of us.  Since we have a baby in a pack and play, we are able to be in most cabins that cap at 4 people.  But ideally we could bid on a 2 bedroom grand suite or a CL suite.   

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 8:44 AM, orville99 said:

In our experience it is random. We received invitation emails for our July 9 Mariner on Monday and for our July 17 Mariner last night, but nothing for our July 4 Mariner (first leg of a B3B). When I went out to the RoyalUp site on Monday, Tuesday, and yesterday afternoon I got the 30 day pop up on both the 7/4 and 7/17 legs, but received the invitation email for the 7/17 leg two hours later. The 7/5 sailing is still getting the 30 day pop up.

We have also gone out to their site 60+ days out and made bids without ever getting an email.

I just received the invitation email for the July 4th Mariner.