Wow sale question plus C & A

Thinking of booking for 2024, I just moved up to platinum and noticed I get discount on balcony rooms. Just wondering why we can't get the discount and the OBC they are offering.

37 minutes ago, kimlet said:

Thinking of booking for 2024, I just moved up to platinum and noticed I get discount on balcony rooms. Just wondering why we can't get the discount and the OBC they are offering.

Book through an online travel agency, you can get both but you have to hunt for an agency giving you both.  Try searching  for cruise   the date, the region, cruise line and compete that way for looking for offers

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Book through an online travel agency, you can get both but you have to hunt for an agency giving you both.  Try searching  for cruise   the date, the region, cruise line and compete that way for looking for offers

Even booking through an agency you are not getting both.  The balcony discount is not combinable with the WOW sale.  What you may be getting is your balcony discount combined with OBC that the travel agent is offering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimlet said:

C&A balcony discount is not combinable with instant savings or OBC offers from Royal.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

C&A balcony discount is not combinable with instant savings or OBC offers from Royal.

now I'm confused. I thought going thru a ta and getting a group price, then they are combinable? 

Just only if a group price right? 

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

now I'm confused. I thought going thru a ta and getting a group price, then they are combinable? 

Just only if a group price right? 

No.  That is an entirely different situation.  In a group you are getting your balcony discount plus the group amenity and not the OBC or instant savings promo offered by Royal.

The question that was asked was "is the C&A balcony discount combinable with the promos that Royal is offering...they are not.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did I dream this or wasn't there some meeting a long time ago maybe with Vick Freed where they were going to start allowing the discounts to be combined?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So they said...never happened.

As I've posted on these boards before, when the C&A balcony discount was first introduced years ago it was a stand alone benefit that was combinable with any offered pricing - we did that many times.  (In fact the original program was a balcony stateroom at an OV price - but that quickly changed to the discount program, which IMO made more sense). 

The first significant change was to add the "6 month booking qualifier" that reduced the value for bookings less than 6 months from sailing, and only allowed the full value with +6 month bookings. 

The next change was to restrict it with certain pricing offers making it no longer combinable with all offers.

Not good "loyalty" practice IMO.  We now look at every booking we make in comparison with our C&A number added and without to determine the best value and whether or not we are benefiting from the discount.  In several cases the pricing was better without our membership applied.  We have booked that better price and then had the DC Concierge add our number on board to assure the credit for that sailing.  

All of these changes have occurred, BTW, under Michael Bayley's tenure. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I didn't think you could combine them.

Originally when the program was introduced you could.  You would book whatever best fare existed in your selected category, then the discount was applied to that - no restrictions.  We did it many times in the early years of this program. 

Now, unfortunately, it has changed and is no longer combinable with certain promos and fares.  (see my comments in my previous post).

Edited by leaveitallbehind