Disembarkation Time/Arranging PrivateTransfer

sundaypeople5

My husband and I are trying to figure out how to accurately book a private transfer service from the ship to Rome.  We want to ensure we give the correct meeting time to the car service, but not sure what that will be.  How do we find out our dismebarkation time?

If I were you I’d just do a “walk off” disembark.  You will be the first group off of the ship once the ship has been cleared.  Keep in mind you will be taking your luggage with you in the morning, so don’t put it outside your cabin the night before.  Your driver will know the arrival time of the ship.  If you tell the driver you will be first group off there will be no problem.  If you want to get off the ship later, then you will have to advise you driver what group you’re in.  You can choose disembark times a few days prior and then just send them a message with your approximate time

• Like 1

You will not be able to know an exact time

If you are using a car service that often goes to the port they may be able to give you advice as to how to handle this question

Otherwise the ideas suggested above sound wise

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

If I were you I’d just do a “walk off” disembark.  You will be the first group off of the ship once the ship has been cleared.  Keep in mind you will be taking your luggage with you in the morning, so don’t put it outside your cabin the night before.  Your driver will know the arrival time of the ship.  If you tell the driver you will be first group off there will be no problem.  If you want to get off the ship later, then you will have to advise you driver what group you’re in.  You can choose disembark times a few days prior and then just send them a message with your approximate time

Just be sure you can handle all of your luggage without help.

In San Pedro (& many other ports) there are stairs or escalators that you have to maneuver. There's usually an elevator or 2 for handicapped available, but there's also usually a line to use them.

In Athens I found that I could not beat Princess transfer price. Since I had EZAir and my flight was fairly early I wanted to be sure that there wasn't a way any misconnections could be blamed on me. Being less or equal to, non Princess transfers made the decision easy 🙂

41 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

In Athens I found that I could not beat Princess transfer price. Since I had EZAir and my flight was fairly early I wanted to be sure that there wasn't a way any misconnections could be blamed on me. Being less or equal to, non Princess transfers made the decision easy 🙂

I'm also using the Princess transfer in San Francisco.   I'd rather not have to track an Uber down when 2,000 other people are trying to get one as well.     🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

I'm also using the Princess transfer in San Francisco.   I'd rather not have to track an Uber down when 2,000 other people are trying to get one as well.     🙂

We always book a car service well in advance, usually before we even leave home.  They monitor the ship’s arrival and send you a notification that they have arrived at the designated pick up location.  We would never leave this to the last minute.  Princess transfers are fine if your flight is not too early, but they can be delayed waiting for other passengers to get on the bus……very frustrating!  A prearranged car service is prompt, reliable, comfortable and costs about the same as the Princess transfer.

25 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We always book a car service well in advance, usually before we even leave home.  They monitor the ship’s arrival and send you a notification that they have arrived at the designated pick up location.  We would never leave this to the last minute.  Princess transfers are fine if your flight is not too early, but they can be delayed waiting for other passengers to get on the bus……very frustrating!  A prearranged car service is prompt, reliable, comfortable and costs about the same as the Princess transfer.

do you have anyone you would recommend for San Fran?

4 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

do you have anyone you would recommend for San Fran?

Sorry, but we rarely cruise out of the US anymore, usually just Europe and the Med.  I’ve always just googled the city taxis/car service or Trip Advisor is very helpful.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1