Carousel Shows

ScratchTheRat

Hello all!

First time on MSC next week and I saw there are two shows that you need to pay for.

They say you get a signature drink but we're on the premium drinks package so do we still pay for the show?

Are there free shows as well? Only on for 3 nights and want to make the most of it.

7 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hello all!

First time on MSC next week and I saw there are two shows that you need to pay for.

They say you get a signature drink but we're on the premium drinks package so do we still pay for the show?

Are there free shows as well? Only on for 3 nights and want to make the most of it.

No free shows, unfortunately.  You are paying for a seat and a drink.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hello all!

Even if you have the package you pay for shows in the Carousel lounge. They are Cirque du Soleil style shows. Not sure which ship you are on but we went on Virtuosa and the show was very good. It is cheaper to pre purchase rather than pay onboard.

There are also the usual shows in the main theatre which are free.

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

No free shows, unfortunately.  You are paying for a seat and a drink.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

They are Cirque du Soleil style shows.

I was unaware that this type of show has returned.  I really enjoyed the Cirque show that I attended on Meraviglia.  (The drink was what---maybe a Bahamas Mama?--left something to be desired--like more alcohol!)  

Just now, ScratchTheRat said:

My booking says "Free broadway style shows" included?

Those would be the shows in the ship's Main Theater.  If they are like what were presented when I sailed on Meraviglia, you will not be disappointed.  

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

I was unaware that this type of show has returned.  I really enjoyed the Cirque show that I attended on Meraviglia.  (The drink was what---maybe a Bahamas Mama?--left something to be desired--like more alcohol!)  

Yes, our drink was rubbish last week but the show was good. Next time I'd take my drink of choice in with me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kernow said:

Yes, our drink was rubbish last week but the show was good. Next time I'd take my drink of choice in with me.

Or, accept the offered drink and take one of the miniature bottles with you and augment the drink.  

8 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Those would be the shows in the ship's Main Theater.  If they are like what were presented when I sailed on Meraviglia, you will not be disappointed.  

Awesome. We're only on for 3 nights, so I dont know if worth booking the paid for ones.

You can Google them …plenty of YouTube videos.

we didn’t go for it (on virtuosa right now) largely because when you are on a drinks package the free drink is not a benefit and so the shows seemed costly.

I would say that the main theatre shows (free) are excellent

1 minute ago, ferretktf said:

You can Google them …plenty of YouTube videos.

we didn’t go for it (on virtuosa right now) largely because when you are on a drinks package the free drink is not a benefit and so the shows seemed costly.

I would say that the main theatre shows (free) are excellent

Do you happen to have any pics of the daily schedules? 🙂

7 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Awesome. We're only on for 3 nights, so I dont know if worth booking the paid for ones.

I hope I am not "overselling" the Main Theater entertainment I attended (this was in January, 2020), but, I was very pleased.  When was the last time that one was offered an opportunity to attend a shortened Opera performance on a cruise ship?  Both the male and female lead had very good opera quality voices and were one-half of the leads of the Broadway style shows.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Or, accept the offered drink and take one of the miniature bottles with you and augment the drink.  

No miniatures anymore.  I don't want to lug in a 750l bottle they give us now into the theater.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ferretktf said:

Virtually the same every day ( the show differ of course)

here’s tomorrows

9CE5DCFD-3DA9-4D53-A634-EAED89FF9520.jpeg

Can I also ask, are you on the drinks package? I can see drinks menus are in £ but the package says $15/€13 so just trying to work out what the price limit is for £

6 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hello all!

Ship? We were on both Meraviglia and Seashore recently and both had that “type” of show (Mera Carousel, forget what Seashore’s venue was called) but neither required payments or tickets.

9 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

No minature bottles anymore. Excellent (strong) cocktails from the other bars though, both YC and around the ship, our favourites were from L'Atelier bar which is on the way to Carousel lounge 😀

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

We were on for 7 nights last week and only saw one. Although it was excellent I probably wouldn't bother for a 3 night cruise, too many other things to see onboard especially if it's your first time on the ship.

The main theatre shows were also very good, singing/dancing type shows mainly.

The planner above is for a port day I think, they have more going on on sea days although always more at night. The other thing that was excellent were the 'street parties' usually at 10.30 most nights.

9 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Can I also ask, are you on the drinks package? I can see drinks menus are in £ but the package says $15/€13 so just trying to work out what the price limit is for £

For the Premium drinks package its £13

1 hour ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Aww typical! Most of the nice drinks are £14 lol

Think you are looking at old (last year) menus, barely anything above £13 this year. If you like cocktails the best ones on the ship are in L'Atelier bar and cost £11. I can find menu if you want it.

33 minutes ago, kernow said:

Think you are looking at old (last year) menus, barely anything above £13 this year. If you like cocktails the best ones on the ship are in L'Atelier bar and cost £11. I can find menu if you want it.

Thanks! I was seeing these:

MSC Cruises signature cocktail menu

MSC Cruises signature cocktail menu

Yes those Signature cocktails are current, they are the only ones over the Premium limit because of the more expensive spirits they use. I didn't ask but heard people say that some bartenders will make them for you with less expensive brands so that they are covered by the package.

I've attached the L'Atelier menu, all the cocktails there were really good and included, as are all the other more common cocktails all around the ship.

QR_AC_ATELIER-BAR-ART_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1652720658.pdf

19 minutes ago, kernow said:

I've attached the L'Atelier menu, all the cocktails there were really good and included, as are all the other more common cocktails all around the ship.

Thanks!  That's great information.  I assumed it was only a bistro/restaurant.  Nice to know you can just stop in there for a drink.