A random good question.

gailellen12

Does Holland America ever serve onion rings with dinner in Lido or MDR. I think I saw them on Pinnacle Grill menu. Not terribly important I know in the overall scheme of things but I do enjoy a few now and again😁

• Haha 1

I’ve only seen them as a topper in the Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind. Since there isn’t a Tamarind on the Oosterdam we won’t have that choice. I just checked the menu for Pinnacle Grill and don’t see them there either. Sorry. 

14 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

They really should add onion rings to the Dive Inn.   No popcorn on my last cruise - so very disappointed 

Onion Rings at the Dive-in!  Using the same recipe that is used for the French Fries--OMG--I'd really like that! 

Don't recall any popcorn on my last HAL cruise either.  If there was any prepared and served, the non-movie viewers grabbed the bags before we movie viewers could get ours.  

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I'm pretty sure onion rings come on the steak at the pinnacle.  They look better then they taste.  I found them to be bland without taste.

They also come on the steak at Tamarind.  Both those and the Pinnacle ones were pretty bland from what I remember.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

They also come on the steak at Tamarind.  Both those and the Pinnacle ones were pretty bland from what I remember.

I have had the onion rings at PG and I agree that they lack any zing.  They need to use the same recipe that is used for the Dive-in's French Fries.  

The onion rings served at the Frisch's Big Boy Restaurants in my area are better than the onion rings served in the Pinnacle Grill.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I

The onion rings served at the Frisch's Big Boy Restaurants in my area are better than the onion rings served in the Pinnacle Grill.  

Amen.  Frisch's are the best!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roxybear135 said:

Correct.  I’m not a huge steak person so after a couple times of the tamarind steak I don’t enjoy it so I don’t order it.  I know it’s a favourite of others. 

15 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

the tamarind

When I patronize the Tamarind, I do so because I want to experience their Asia Fusion dishes.  A steak with onion rings is not what I think of as Asian Fusion cuisine.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Correct.  I’m not a huge steak person so after a couple times of the tamarind steak I don’t enjoy it so I don’t order it.  I know it’s a favourite of others. 

I tried it once and thought it was fine, but nothing special.  Then I tried the crispy duck there and loved that so that's my go to at Tamarind.  I highly recommend that and the wonton soup!

7 hours ago, roxybear135 said:

I tried it once and thought it was fine, but nothing special.  Then I tried the crispy duck there and loved that so that's my go to at Tamarind.  I highly recommend that and the wonton soup!

I tried that last time but I found in to be pretty greasy.  That said, I’ve only had duck maybe 5 times in my ancient life so maybe that’s just how it is.  My go to seems to be the Penang curry.  I like the Dan Dan noodles and the lamb although the Mongolian (?) lamb they had before was much better.  All the dishes have changed so much there it’s certainly not my favorite like it used to be.