Voom Question

Hi all, we are planning on working half days on our upcoming Oasis sailing (hate the PTO shuffle). We are going to get the Surf + Stream but noticed a its $40 cheaper for me to have 2 devices than 1 device for each of us. Any concern or technical issue with going with a single 2 device package? 

3 minutes ago, ADunk said:

Hi all, we are planning on working half days on our upcoming Oasis sailing (hate the PTO shuffle). We are going to get the Surf + Stream but noticed a its $40 cheaper for me to have 2 devices than 1 device for each of us. Any concern or technical issue with going with a single 2 device package? 

Nope, 2 Device Package beats sharing a Single. Did B4B last Month and depending where Ship travels connection can drop off for short Period, this along with Hard Rain had me offline 5-15 Minutes at a time 4-5 times during that Month

13 minutes ago, ADunk said:

No issues at all. It is just two independent logins.

It is the same as you are buying a pair of shoes and the second comes at discount.

Edited by Tatka

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Another advantage of the two device package is that it's only a single login.

Seriously? We had it several times and I believe we had to use different logins.  I could be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Seriously? We had it several times and I believe we had to use different logins.  I could be wrong though.

Maybe a very long time when Voom first came out that may have been true - for the past several years, a multi device package usually has only a single login.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 2:10 PM, Biker19 said:

Maybe a very long time when Voom first came out that may have been true - for the past several years, a multi device package usually has only a single login.

Single login for 2 devices on our recent 2 Jewel cruises out of Miami.  

I had to log into my laptop while on Harmony last month.  I had 2 devices total for my wife and myself.  I needed to have her log out so I could do some website validation calls to my cell, so had to be on 2 at one time.  It was a pain, especially since she was using her phone! 😉  But I got through it.  Worked flawlessly even connecting to a VPN