Breakaway Dining Question

joestein514

47 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Interesting.  I booked back in December (the day after stepping off my last cruise.)  I always book specialties for every night of the cruise.  I think I ate at MDR once or twice, on my very first NCL cruise.  The dining package isn't the value it once was, but it's still quite worthwhile.  And, as a shareholder, they have to make money on me somehow 🙂  

The two meal upgrade works well for us, as we then have 6 meals on all our upcoming 10 night cruises, which is about right for us. It does make it much more unlikely that we would go for more than that number though, as it makes the per meal cost for a bigger package a lot higher.

If you plan on using the specialities every night on a 10 day cruise then it is less of an issue.

28 minutes ago, Terrance Hashimoto said:

can't get the pfd to open whats on the menu?

You could always do a Google search for "Norwegian Cruise Lines specialty dining menu".  Several sites come up with examples of the menus...

Edited by hallux

13 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

Thanks for posting this. Teppenyaki is obviously included in the base cruise fare as there are no prices on the menu.

Teppanyaki is NOT included in your base cruise fare. As you can see from the photo it is an extra $58.80 per person. This is for our upcoming July 2022 Breakaway cruise. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 12.38.18 PM.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser

14 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

Thanks for posting this. Teppenyaki is obviously included in the base cruise fare as there are no prices on the menu.

There are no prices on the menu because those people whose travel agent doesn't gift them specialty dining credit to visit there every night have to pay a 'cover charge' to eat there, which then covers whatever they order.  Teppanyaki is not like Cagney's or some of the others that are a-la-carte...

6 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

Teppenyaki was indeed included in our base cruise fare. Our travel agent included Teppenyaki in the fare as we requested. So we did not have to pay a cover fee at all to dine in that restaurant for an entire week. The only stipulation was one visit maximum every day. As I have stated before, we ate there almost every evening. One of the waiters gave us a premium seat at the Teppenyaki grill, since my husband, Nicodemus, gave them a generous tip on the first day. Little gestures like tips are really appreciated by the staff.

On disembarkation day, Nicodemis and I even leave little bags of candies, notes, envelope with thank you letter and tip money,  toblerone, and a stress ball. And we try to leave a gift card for Olive Garden.

That may have been the case for you, but it is not Normally included in the base cruise fare. I wouldn't want a first-time NCL cruiser to be misled. 

21 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

Teppenyaki was indeed included in our base cruise fare. Our travel agent included Teppenyaki in the fare as we requested. So we did not have to pay a cover fee at all to dine in that restaurant for an entire week

Bolded part is key, and you need to mention it in that way any time you say it was included in the fare.  You need to stop misleading people!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desiree Hooter said:

You lied about this on page one of this thread, were definitively disproven, and are now lying again.  You are clearly trolling.

Edited by The Shrike

2 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

I was not misleading people. I was providing factual information, with evidence and personal experiences. Everyone on here is attacking me for some reason. I am trying to have a civil discussion.

You're right, you're not misleading people.  You are deliberately lying.  Your "factual information" was disproven on page one of this thread.

Just now, Desiree Hooter said:

My husband and I eat there every night because we love the food. Are you trying to say we shouldn't eat there every night? I don't follow why you asked about our eating habits.

(for those that care, here's one of our favorites are Shirako:)

1_0DTwE9OaUfT6dwFYV9poeQ.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

My husband and I eat there every night because we love the food. Are you trying to say we shouldn't eat there every night? I don't follow why you asked about our eating habits.

Yeh, well, interesting, because  that is not even on the menu. 😂

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Teppanyaki_Mobile-Menu_v011122.pdf

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

That's not served in the NCL Teppanyaki restaurant.  And as I know what that particular dish is it furthers my judgment that you are trolling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

Yes, it's not on the current menu. but it was on the menu several years ago, I believe 2014, but it was deemed too expensive to continue to offer. The cruise lines are always looking for ways to improve their menus so it is often common for menu items to change from season to season.

No it wasn't. I was on the BA several times. Old Menu from 2011: 

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/15375_Teppanyaki_update.pdf

troll1.gif

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2022 at 6:29 PM, KeithJenner said:

If you buy additional meals over the free at sea ones the best value is two more, as that is offered as an upgrade. If you go for three then that third one is extremely bad value. Then, as you say, it does get cheaper per meal as you add more on.

Does the 2 meal package have to split between the two occupants?   Can 1 person use 2 or does each person need to use 1?

1 hour ago, joestein514 said:

Does the 2 meal package have to split between the two occupants?   Can 1 person use 2 or does each person need to use 1?

It's 2 meals per person, each person buys the upgrade.

32 minutes ago, joestein514 said:

So, the credits are specifically for one person, vs the people in the room?

I don't have a booked cruise to look at the exact package, but that was my understanding.  When you go to buy it do you have the option to select a specific passenger to buy it for?

On 5/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, phillygwm said:

Short answer is no.  However, you get two specialty meals included with your FAS package.

You may choose to buy additional meals and the discount on those increases with the more meals you purchase.  I'll be buying 5 on my next cruise and it comes out to a bit over $200 pp.

Do you know much on average would a normal meal come in at (appetizer, main, dessert) if one went a la carte instead as trying to determine how much of a savings one would be receiving if purchasing an additional specialty dining package

1 hour ago, FM said:

Do you know much on average would a normal meal come in at (appetizer, main, dessert) if one went a la carte instead as trying to determine how much of a savings one would be receiving if purchasing an additional specialty dining package

Ignore the troll.

FM, the menus for the a la carte restaurants on NCL's site have the prices.  Your best bet is to go there and you can see exactly what you'd be paying for the food you want.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Desiree Hooter said:

FM,

A normal meal works out to $58.98 per night, with once a day. Another meal a day is not allowed.

Drink packages are extra. Please check with your travel agent before booking.

When trolling trolls troll.

Edited by The Shrike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2