Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

Whoa!!! I almost just had a minor heart attack. Earlier, I removed my Band to go check out Richard's Rooftop. Well, just now, I look down, and IT'S GONE... I freaked out for a second, when I remembered that it was in my pocket.........

• Haha 13

I figured that it would be easiest to just get my special request out of the way with my new cabin stewardess... I asked for only water and new towels, and NOTHING else... She seemed to think it was reasonable, and now I won't have them knocking on the door while I'm getting ready or whatnot. Plus, it saves a lot of work for her, so it's win win...

• Like 14

In case some of you don't know, today is a very special day for me, not because of the cruise, but for another reason... If you don't, then you'll have to go back and read some of my older reviews, so I don't have to make an entire paragraph over it... Anyhoo, today would be (SHOULD BE) the 55th birthday of a very dear friend of mine who died from breast cancer in 2014... She would have loved to join me on these types of adventures, but it's too late now... That's why I'm out here, spending money that I can't really afford, and drinking $17 margaritas that I also can't afford... She was one of those types of people that would go on vacation, even if she was three months behind on her car payment. And, that was before she learned that she had cancer. I was always the type who just didn't want to spend the money on those types of things. 

Fast forward to now, and even though it's too late for her to do these types of things, she's here with me right now in spirit, and in actuality sort of... On the beach... In the hot tub... At the roadside shacks where I like to eat... And, here on the ship with me right now... 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, D! <3

IMG_20190209_130842.thumb.jpg.bc3df6e313e2bc03277c1ad85ea575c7.jpg

MVIMG_20190209_124918.thumb.jpg.ce78a374cdd8856f65b442e1b127e498.jpg

IMG_20170601_130846784.thumb.jpg.69155b5df96063a437bdf7f142194732.jpg

PXL_20220601_191426471.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 68

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Remember ALL the way back to the very first post of the review, where it said  {Music plays in the background  “Do it Again” by Steely Dan.}... Well, that's the soundtrack that you should be playing as I walk up the embarkation ramp to get back on the ship...

I was thinking "Pretzel Logic"  But "do It Again " fits.

• Like 1

Back at the cabin after a little vacationing... I had one of my expensive margaritas at On The Rocks Bar, and some steak skewers at The Dock. Honestly, that steak was better than the one I had at Extra Virgin the other night, and you can order as many as you want! I'm about to go check in at my muster station, and then who knows what... I've got to try and keep it going until around 11:00 tonight, so hopefully I can do it...

Thanks to all of you who have followed along so far, and I hope that I can keep it interesting enough to keep you around for part deux!...

• Like 29

I never thought restrooms could be so interesting!   great pictures Sid...looking forward to Key West...please take some pics of the chicken or roosters!   I do remember what today is...and thinking of you....also oldest son's birthday....same age too....June is a good month....I know you hold her in your heart always....

• Like 10

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

If I weren't such an honest person, I could grab a couple of bottles.

PXL_20220601_162847636.thumb.jpg.a2462ef8816f49dd16eabeb16a8990c8.jpg

PXL_20220601_162850539.thumb.jpg.6490c787a214c05f05a4d5df2126c446.jpg

PXL_20220601_162852584.jpg

I don’t see anything there that I would even consider drinking; I guess I have gotten too picky about what I drink over the years.

• Like 1

One of the great things about Virgin Voyages is the ability to use multiple devices. Right now I'm using both phones at the same time, seamlessly... Score ten points for Virgin Voyages!

• Like 10

@sid_9169....it sounds like Virgin Voyages is your new "top" favorite cruise line.  You sure have done a bang up job sharing with all of us what it is like cruising on Virgin.

The food looks amazing and the ship is stunning.

Curious if that "foot bath thingy" you took a pic of is pedicure or is it one of those fish nibble on your feet places.

• Like 2