Live with Celine from Grand Princess Alaska May 25th - June 8th

nunuc2000

19 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

Could you hear the naturalist from your balcony?

If we listen to carefully yes, we could hear her and when she was talking louder than other times… We are on Caribe at the very back… So I’m guessing there are probably some cabins that might’ve had better reception of her audio…  what she had said about the bear was simply “and you’ll see there is a mammal on Portside at the Shoreline”… so we honestly didn’t know if we were looking for a seal or an otter or a pink giraffe! Lol eventually we found the bear though 😂

occasionally we could hear her talking about the names of the different glaciers and who they were named for in the history behind them… But there was a lot we couldn’t hear as well. I’m sure the audio is much clearer upon the top decks, but we really enjoyed having our own private balcony for viewing in our comfort. 

If you go the CC party I'd like to know the numbers of the top three if possible. Also looking forward to hearing the procedure on turnaround day in Whittier. FYI I consider the couple hours after sailaway as some of the most scenic on the trip. Always great in the long twilight hours

15 minutes ago, DougH said:

Also looking forward to hearing the procedure on turnaround day in Whittier.

Since immigration is not required for a Whittier turnaround, there should be no need to zero out the passenger count and thus no need to exit the ship unless you want to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, caribill said:

Since immigration is not required for a Whittier turnaround, there should be no need to zero out the passenger count and thus no need to exit the ship unless you want to.

We were on the May 11th 14-day (b2b) didn't have to do anything..  just a normal morning.. 

• Like 1

We are beyond thrilled that we booked this cruise.  Perfect weather, amazing food and service.  It’s been so peaceful and relaxing which is EXACTLY what we needed.

There are only about 5% of guests wearing masks.  We get looks, and the odd comment, when we decline to ride in an elevator with unmasked people.  I was the only one of 8 on the Focus on Photography excursion Wearing a mask.  🤬

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DougH said:

If you go the CC party I'd like to know the numbers of the top three if possible. Also looking forward to hearing the procedure on turnaround day in Whittier. FYI I consider the couple hours after sailaway as some of the most scenic on the trip. Always great in the long twilight hours

No plans to attend the cruise critic party. as a couple others have stated, our Whittier turnaround date will be very easy as there are no requirements for customs or anything. We have the option of taking our “in transit card“ and venturing out and bypassing the lines on our way back if we would like, Or we can stay on board and enjoy an almost empty ship for a couple of hours which is probably what we will do. There are approximately 400 passengers doing the turnaround, and at this point our passenger count is expected to be just over 1500 for next week. 

2 minutes ago, Senga said:

We are beyond thrilled that we booked this cruise.  Perfect weather, amazing food and service.  It’s been so peaceful and relaxing which is EXACTLY what we needed.

There are only about 5% of guests wearing masks.  We get looks, and the odd comment, when we decline to ride in an elevator with unmasked people.  I was the only one of 8 on the Focus on Photography excursion Wearing a mask.  🤬

And just like you Senga, we are among the very few who wear masks everywhere as well… removing it once we are seated in the dining room or at an uncrowded bar to drink. I will say though that my allergies are driving me crazy, and wearing that mask so often is hard on me I think. I cough ALL the time because of a lung issue though, and I’m sure people think I’m a walking patient haha!! 

48 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

No plans to attend the cruise critic party. as a couple others have stated, our Whittier turnaround date will be very easy as there are no requirements for customs or anything. We have the option of taking our “in transit card“ and venturing out and bypassing the lines on our way back if we would like, Or we can stay on board and enjoy an almost empty ship for a couple of hours which is probably what we will do. There are approximately 400 passengers doing the turnaround, and at this point our passenger count is expected to be just over 1500 for next week. 

I think they were referring to CC as Captains Circle party which is  a repeat guest party. They usually report how many  passengers are elite, platinum, etc. They also announce the top three passengers by days that they’ve sailed ,I think that’s what somebody was asking for that information.

Edited by arizonaperson

24 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I think they were referring to CC as Captains Circle party which is  a repeat guest party. They usually report how many  passengers are elite, platinum, etc. They also announce the top three passengers by days that they’ve sailed ,I think that’s what somebody was asking for that information.

Oh yes, that would make more sense… nope, didn’t attend that one either, that was last night lol… we may attend it on this next leg. 

Edited by nunuc2000

6 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Oh yes, that would make more sense… nope, didn’t attend that one either, that was last night lol… we may attend it on this next leg. 

The Captain's Circle host can tell you what the numbers for the top three were.

If anyone has time, could you Google att internet speed test and do an internet speed test on your phone and tell me what the upload speed is? 

Edited by erber

20 minutes ago, erber said:

If anyone has time, could you Google att internet speed test and do an internet speed test on your phone and tell me what the upload speed is? 

I think this is what you are looking for, just did this sitting in One 5 at the back of the ship…

30A8A193-96DF-4DCB-8D8C-DCFD8BC2C760.png

nunuc2000 Thank you for the screen shot of the speed test. This is definitely fast enough to do Emed test ....But I will be testing near Vancouver not Whittier. This is useful for determining other internet usage needs of some in our party that will need to do some work while traveling. Hoping the internet upload speed near Vancouver will be sufficient for our testing needs too.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, erber said:

nunuc2000 Thank you for the screen shot of the speed test. This is definitely fast enough to do Emed test ....But I will be testing near Vancouver not Whittier. This is useful for determining other internet usage needs of some in our party that will need to do some work while traveling. Hoping the internet upload speed near Vancouver will be sufficient for our testing needs too.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this. 

Remind me Sunday or Monday to do this again for you as we are approaching Vancouver 😊

I wish the announcements could be heard on the cabin TV if you choose to listen.  Whoever made the announcement earlier, even with the door open, all we heard/understood was Prince William Sound and thank you for your attention.  😂

Another gorgeous day.  They have severe weather alerts out for much of the region; dry hot temperatures increase the threat of forest fires.  Never dreamed I’d return from Alaska with a tan!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

Remind me Sunday or Monday to do this again for you as we are approaching Vancouver 😊

Thanks for the offer. I won't need to... We just arrived in Anchorage and are boarding tomorrow. By the way, the internet speeds you posted are faster than the Anchorage airport speed right now !

Edited by erber
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

Correct I meant the Captains Circle party. I hope to get invited to the Most Travelled Luncheon but seems like lots of high Elites are sailing post Covid  Just trying to figure my chances lol

10 hours ago, caribill said:

So they are no longer available on the channel with the view from the Bridge?

No and the live view from the bridge is totally useless.