Love Boat Dream

wrongwaywatson

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

I almost always order the creme brulee. Not on this last cruise because it was never on the menu!  Soooo.... I decided to order the Love Boat Dream as I remembered that I used to order that freqently on our early cruises. GAH!!! I was horribly disappointed to receive the stupid crud depicted above. What is wrong with Princess??? Why would they not offer creme brulee and the ruin the Love Boat Dream? I was sooooooooooooo disappointed. Finally, one night one of our dinner companions collared a "white jacket" in the dining room and told him how dissappointed I was about the lack of creme brulee and told him that I always order that. (Pretty much true. I probably order that 90% of the time.) He left and we kept waiting for someone to take our dessert order. Finally he came back and had creme brulee for all 4 of us. It was great (and I naturally thanked him effusively) but I really don't understand these weird changes.

don't hold back - put the blame squarely where it belongs - ON JOHN PADGETT, right? 🤑😉

j/k

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Princess has done some stupid things before, but WHY would they change a dessert that has been doing so well?  It was a favorite of SO MANY CRUISERS and was perfection (in my opinion)!  Every night that we ate in the MDR (over 14 cruises) I ordered the Love Boat Dream.  I endured teasing from my family for not trying something different, but I like what I like.  I have a peanut allergy, so I know it is safe.  I just can't believe that they messed with it.  There are so many mediocre things that they could tweak, but they do this!

My SIL & BIL are cruising to Alaska right now (we were supposed to go, but had to cancel before final payment) and he sent me a pic of a dessert and said that this is now the Love Boat Dream. I laughed and thought he was kidding. Today, my SIL sent a message that he wasn’t kidding and they were a bit shocked when it came. We cruised in November and it was the same. Any info?
First pic ”new”, second pic “old”

bad lbd.jpg

good lbd.jpg

I had the "old" one on Discovery in April. Once was enough, not terribly impressed. Taste/enjoyment is so variable.

The more recent chocolate LBD was a change from the original as @caribill pointed out.  Probably a cost savings in ingredients and time-to-prepare (or both).  Regardless, the new one looks so different, why didn't they ADD it as a new option and KEEP the old?  That way folks could have a choice - and even try them side-by-side for a double.

• Like 4