Questions re Diamond Status - (Celebrity Elite) on our first RCl cruise (B2B2B)

Hi All,

We are cruising in Oct on the Jewel of the Seas for 30 days.  Our Elite status on Celebrity means we are Diamond on RCL.  We have no idea what actually translates into other than 4 free drinks pp/day.  I heard that there was a lounge for Diamond Plus (we are not Plus) and wonder if we too can use it and if so what does it offer.

Additionally, we heard that the Library is not open due to Covid precautions...is the true? Same re the gym? 

Lastly,  anything special about the Jewel that first time cruisers would not be aware of or should seek out?  

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Here are the crown and anchor benefits. The Diamond Lounge is available for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle so yes you can use the lounge. I’ve not sanded on the Jewel so I am sure someone else can fill you in.

Last I heard the library is open but there are no books due to covid. But the gym’s on the ships are open.

crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

• Thanks 1

Love the Radiance class. They are smaller ships with less bells and whistles than the larger ships, no surf simulator, slides, etc. but to me they are the nicest ships. You can see the ocean from almost anywhere on the ship. The Windjammer has a large outdoor seating area on the aft.  I would compare it to Celebrity Summit which I also love.  
Just off the Adventure Saturday and the library was open, but no books to speak of, only books left by passengers. There were actually quite a few and I left four or five of my own there. 
As far as your D status, the thing I like the best is that not only do they add four drinks a day to your seapass, but you can drink them anywhere at any time. I think Celebrity still only allows drinks in a specific lounge at a specific time. 

• Thanks 1

Sailed the Jewel TA in April.  Love this class of ships.  The Diamond lounge, deck 13 is open all day and dh stops by for coffee.  Concierge there in the morning and evening.  Snacks morning and evening.   Saw books on deck 6 opposite the pool tables,  which are great.  They have a gyro leveling mechanism to keep them level.  It just doesn't help my game!  We like the outside of Windjammer.   Also like Solarium area.  You will also get other diamond benefits and they will leave a list in your cabin, though I'm sure someone here can post them.  I'm D+ so my list won't help.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

Love the Radiance class. They are smaller ships with less bells and whistles than the larger ships, no surf simulator, slides, etc. but to me they are the nicest ships. You can see the ocean from almost anywhere on the ship. The Windjammer has a large outdoor seating area on the aft.  I would compare it to Celebrity Summit which I also love.  
Just off the Adventure Saturday and the library was open, but no books to speak of, only books left by passengers. There were actually quite a few and I left four or five of my own there. 
As far as your D status, the thing I like the best is that not only do they add four drinks a day to your seapass, but you can drink them anywhere at any time. I think Celebrity still only allows drinks in a specific lounge at a specific time. 

Our last Celebrity cruise was unlimited drinks from a specific menu during happy hours at any bar.

Sherri🙂

1 minute ago, sjb317 said:

Our last Celebrity cruise was unlimited drinks from a specific menu during happy hours at any bar.

Sherri🙂

You said you were aware that's gone away and now you get 4 drinks anytime, any where. Happy hour snacks. Drinks go against your vouchers. 

2 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

But only during happy hour correct?  Haven’t sailed Celebrity in a while. Royal allows them anytime during the day or night. 

25 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

But only during happy hour correct?  Haven’t sailed Celebrity in a while. Royal allows them anytime during the day or night. 

Royal allows drinks, anytime,  any bar.

4 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

Yes, it is only during whatever their “happy hours” are.  I think it was 5-7pm but not sure.  And, they don’t offer it the first night or the night they have the officers reception.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You said you were aware that's gone away and now you get 4 drinks anytime, any where. Happy hour snacks. Drinks go against your vouchers. 

What are you talking about?  I think you have me confused with another poster.

Sherri🙂

Just now, sjb317 said:

Yes, it is only during whatever their “happy hours” are.  I think it was 5-7pm but not sure.  And, they don’t offer it the first night or the night they have the officers reception.

Sherri🙂

I never like Celebrity's set up. We have late dinner and still have an hour to find something after happy hours.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

I never like Celebrity's set up. We have late dinner and still have an hour to find something after happy hours.

But now that Celebrity has their all inclusive sailings, we have a drink package so don’t even bother with the “happy hours”.

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

What are you talking about?  I think you have me confused with another poster.

Sherri🙂

I said you were aware of the 4 free drinks ... you stated you knew you got 4 drinks in your first post. That's all the drinks ... 4 if you are diamond. Doesnt matter where you order them. In the diamond lounge, or you use them in the WJ for fresh squeezed OJ. Its your choice which 4 drinks. 

If you wish to pay for a coke for instance, you can say dont use my voucher. 

You mentioned a diamond plus lounge. There is no such thing. We use the same diamond lounge you use. I enjoy going there in the morning for coffee. The next level up is pinnacle. They are allowed in the suite lounge and some ships now have a pinnacle lounge. Diamond plus gets 5 drinks and pinnacles get 6. 

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I said you were aware of the 4 free drinks ... you stated you knew you got 4 drinks in your first post. That's all the drinks ... 4 if you are diamond. Doesnt matter where you order them. In the diamond lounge, or you use them in the WJ for fresh squeezed OJ. Its your choice which 4 drinks. 

If you wish to pay for a coke for instance, you can say dont use my voucher. 

You mentioned a diamond plus lounge. There is no such thing. We use the same diamond lounge you use. I enjoy going there in the morning for coffee. The next level up is pinnacle. They are allowed in the suite lounge and some ships now have a pinnacle lounge. Diamond plus gets 5 drinks and pinnacles get 6. 

You are quoting the wrong person, that was not my post.  Go back and check.

Sherri🙂

On 5/26/2022 at 6:24 PM, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

that has changed.  as Diamond, you will have 3 drinks loaded on each card each day to be used at anytime in any bar (with a couple of exceptions)  it is a real upgrade and we won't bother with a package..  we ae also X and have been Diamond with RCL on several trips.  it's a good deal.

11 minutes ago, bmorris53 said:

that has changed.  as Diamond, you will have 3 drinks loaded on each card each day to be used at anytime in any bar (with a couple of exceptions)  it is a real upgrade and we won't bother with a package..  we ae also X and have been Diamond with RCL on several trips.  it's a good deal.

Diamond = 4 drinks per day.

D+ = 5

Pinnacle = 6

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Diamond = 4 drinks per day.

D+ = 5

Pinnacle = 6

yes, my mistake.  I need that extra drink too.  The limit is $13 I think.  it's a good deal.  just be sure to specify when you want it used and when not.