ArriveCAN - RT from Vancouver

tpeacockiii

For embarkation, is the requirement only that traveler information (passport & vaccination) be entered into the app?

Then for disembarkation, the ArriveCAN form needs to be completed? It’s not logical to complete a form when all questions are about arriving, not leaving.

12 minutes ago, tpeacockiii said:

For embarkation, is the requirement only that traveler information (passport & vaccination) be entered into the app?

Then for disembarkation, the ArriveCAN form needs to be completed? It’s not logical to complete a form when all questions are about arriving, not leaving.

You need a single ArriveCAN submission for the cruise, completed before boarding. While you will need to show your receipt at check in, the submission is for your re-entry to Canada at the end of your cruise. This avoids potential issues of passengers not having internet access during the cruise, and just like having to show your passport when checking in, it allows HAL to ensure that there won't be problems at the end of the cruise.

You will also need a negative covid test to board. But you need the ArriveCAN to board even if you are not returning to Canada. In fact, you need one to enter Canada. One for entering Canada and for boarding the ship will do as long as it is within 72 hours of boarding.

6 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

You will also need a negative covid test to board. But you need the ArriveCAN to board even if you are not returning to Canada. In fact, you need one to enter Canada. One for entering Canada and for boarding the ship will do as long as it is within 72 hours of boarding.

I’m in Canada now for a brief visit with family before the cruise.

CBP didn’t even check our ArriveCAN when we went through customs. 

1 minute ago, tpeacockiii said:

It gets attached to your passport info.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You need a single ArriveCAN submission for the cruise, completed before boarding. While you will need to show your receipt at check in, the submission is for your re-entry to Canada at the end of your cruise. This avoids potential issues of passengers not having internet access during the cruise, and just like having to show your passport when checking in, it allows HAL to ensure that there won't be problems at the end of the cruise.

On our cruise last week, we had to update our ArriveCan prior to our return to Vancouver.  The ship gave us instructions as to how to do it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peteymil said:

On our cruise last week, we had to update our ArriveCan prior to our return to Vancouver.  The ship gave us instructions as to how to do it.

On a couple other posts (possibly FB) it was stated that you store all the information on you smart device and have to submit the entry document no earlier than 72 hours prior to EACH arrival into Canada from a foreign port.  

For our New England cruise in September our first Canadian Port is Halifax on Day 3 so I presume we will have to show proof of submission when we check in.   Since we are on a B3B (last segment) will be interesting to see how they treat the B2B passengers.   

I've already per-loaded mine so the final submission with ship and date should be pretty quick and painless.

14 hours ago, tpeacockiii said:

Yes they did.  It is linked to your passport.

Really simple to enter the data and a couple pics of vaccination cards.  Then submit just before boarding or entering Canada whichever comes first.

The ArriveCAN app has had 5 updates since April 1st.  You need to submit using the latest version

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

10 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes they did.  It is linked to your passport.

Really simple to enter the data and a couple pics of vaccination cards.  Then submit just before boarding or entering Canada whichever comes first.

The ArriveCAN app has had 5 updates since April 1st.  You need to submit using the latest version

Thanks for the information.    I wasn't aware they had been updating the app so often.  I'll make sure i check for updates before using.