Cruise credit

Me and my family had to cancel our Caribbean sailing with Allure of the seas earlier this May. We will now Get the amount we payed for the cruise back in form of cruise credit. 

My question is: Is it possible for other people to use our cruise credit? I dont think we will be able to use the credit for A long time so if it is possible for other to use this credit that would be great.

29 minutes ago, magnus1977 said:

Me and my family had to cancel our Caribbean sailing with Allure of the seas earlier this May. We will now Get the amount we payed for the cruise back in form of cruise credit. 

My question is: Is it possible for other people to use our cruise credit? I dont think we will be able to use the credit for A long time so if it is possible for other to use this credit that would be great.

Your Cruise Credit can only be used for the individual it is given to and not interchangeable. I would call RCCL to verify, as I did read if the couples were originally booked with you you could apply to their new booking if it is a family member. 

27 minutes ago, magnus1977 said:

Is it possible for other people to use our cruise credit?

US bookings allowed for some transfers of an FCC - not sure if any of that applies in other markets.

All depends on why you cancelled the cruise.   If you cancelled because someone tested positive for covid then you should get a refund.    If cancelled for another reason then you will receive a future cruise credit that will be valid for one (1) year from your sail date.    

As other just posted while I was typing, they do allow FCC to be transferred but I forget the rules/instructions on how to do it.   

We Are from Norway, but I booked directly with RCCL american webside and payed in US dollars. We had two separate bookings, one for Me and one of our two sons, and one booking for my girlfriend and our second son.

So We have got 4 different future cruise credit codes, one for each of us. I am going on a solo trip in november, can I use all 4 cruise credits just for me? It looks like each credit code is locked to the name on the booking.

I do NOT know Norway specific FCC regulations.

I do know that the 11 yr old had a FCC that could be transferred ONCE. Contact Royal directly about Please let us all know what the final decision about this turned out to be. You have a lot of things going on, from another country, booked with US Royal and paid in US$$$. It is hard enough for most of us to keep track of the regular US rules for us and I know that no one on CC wants to misdirect you. 

20 hours ago, sandy toes said:

I do NOT know Norway specific FCC regulations.

I do know that the 11 yr old had a FCC that could be transferred ONCE. Contact Royal directly about Please let us all know what the final decision about this turned out to be. You have a lot of things going on, from another country, booked with US Royal and paid in US$$$. It is hard enough for most of us to keep track of the regular US rules for us and I know that no one on CC wants to misdirect you. 

Is there any difference that I am Norwegian? Isnt it the us rules that counts since I have booked and payed directly with rccl.com? I called the norwegian office and they said I had to call the rccl in the us.

11 hours ago, magnus1977 said:

Isnt it the us rules that counts since I have booked and payed directly with rccl.com? I called the norwegian office and they said I had to call the rccl in the us.

This. Your nationality when booking doesn't matter, only the market in which you booked. With that comes the issue of having to call the market in which you booked.

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

This. Your nationality when booking doesn't matter, only the market in which you booked. With that comes the issue of having to call the market in which you booked.

I was totally misinformed then. We sailed for 3 weeks with a couple from France that booked with the US Royal office. They claimed they saved enough to get their 3rd week at less that 1/2 of the cost by doing it that way. They stated that they had many problems when trying to make a change to their booking because they were "not supposed to book with the US Royal office since they were French residents". I enjoy learning all the many things I pick up from CC and I do apologize when I have   followed advise from someone else and it turns out to be incorrect. 

On 5/29/2022 at 10:22 PM, magnus1977 said:

We Are from Norway, but I booked directly with RCCL american webside and payed in US dollars. We had two separate bookings, one for Me and one of our two sons, and one booking for my girlfriend and our second son.

So We have got 4 different future cruise credit codes, one for each of us. I am going on a solo trip in november, can I use all 4 cruise credits just for me? It looks like each credit code is locked to the name on the booking.

You will have to call to be able to do this and most likely have to have each of the other 3 guests send an e mail to Royal authorizing you to use their FCC's but it can be done

On 5/27/2022 at 11:57 AM, magnus1977 said:

Depends upon what kind of credit you have.  What's the source of your credit? 

I had a bunch of RCCL VISA credit card points that were going to expire, and I used them as OBC in my daughter's name.  She and my son-in-law thought they were a great Christmas present.

But the thing is, the OBC was never issued in my name.  It came from my credit card reward points, but I ordered it in her name.

Edited by Mum2Mercury

8 hours ago, sandy toes said:

They stated that they had many problems when trying to make a change to their booking because they were "not supposed to book with the US Royal office since they were French residents".

While it may be true that you are supposed to book in your home market, you don't have to deal with RCI if simply book via a TA - many non-US residents do just that to take advantage of the usually better pricing/terms in the US. As long as the RCI site doesn't choke on your credit card, there's no restriction from booking in any market you want from anywhere. Again, the issue comes up if you have to change anything on the booking.

Biker, who booked both in the UK and German markets to take advantage of better pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Biker That is a much clearer explanation than what I was told and it does make sense. TAs handle everyone, everywhere. Glitch could be the CC or as you said, and they experienced, changes. Thank you so much for clarity.