Upcoming changes to NRD (non-refundable deposit) program

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Right, though with the pace of FCC issuance these days and seemingly not wanting to have stuff like that hanging on the books, I can see why RCI wants to do away with them. Instead of an FCC, you might be able to just move the money to a different booking (new or existing) - functionally doing about the same thing as the FCC was doing.

They would certainly have less FCCs to track when the guest transfers them the day of their cancellation.

Now we just have to wait and see how many new members we have on CC we will have, with posts of RC kept all my deposit when they could have picked a refundable cabin. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Now we just have to wait and see how many new members we have on CC we will have, with posts of RC kept all my deposit when they could have picked a refundable cabin.

RCI would probably love to have the booking rules outside of NA apply to NA as well. Imagine the uproar that would cause.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Let's wait and see what really happens. The FCC was rather limited anyway as you had a relatively short amount of time to use it.

Unfortunately, I had two recent opportunities to experience the old cancellation rules. 

First one:

Cruise was 11/5/2022

Cancelled it 4/8/2022

FCC expiration date 11/5/2023

Second one:

Cruise was 1/21/2023

Cancelled 4/8/2022

FCC expiration date 1/21/2024

The expiration date was irrelevant to me since I immediately applied both of them to sailings I already had booked. 

The potential change would be much less impactful to me if I could move the remaining deposit to an already booked cruise. If I have to immediately move it to a new sailing, it’s a bit more challenging.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

9 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Second one:

Cruise was 1/21/2023

Cancelled 4/8/2022

FCC expiration date 1/21/2024

Forgot the FCC expiration was a year from sail date, not cancellation date and thought CWC was limited to 2022 sailings.

Just now, Biker19 said:

Forgot the FCC expiration was a year from sail date, not cancellation date and thought CWC was limited to 2022 sailings.

I wish that November 2022 sailing was under CWC, but, it only cost me $200. I kept waiting and hoping it would be extended again but it became obvious they were not going to go beyond 9/30/22. 

Even though the expiration date was a long time away, I wanted to apply them as soon as I could since I had some sailings booked. 

BTW, that second sailing was a Celebrity cruise. While the Celebrity board doesn’t have a similar thread, I expect them to follow along…….unfortunately.

mac_tlc

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

BTW, that second sailing was a Celebrity cruise. While the Celebrity board doesn’t have a similar thread, I expect them to follow along…….unfortunately.

I would not expect Celebrity and RCI to have the same policies (they could) and putting a Celebrity example into an RCI thread may just confuse folks.

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I would not expect Celebrity and RCI to have the same policies (they could) and putting a Celebrity example into an RCI thread may just confuse folks.

Their NRD policy and FCC expiration dates pre covid were the same.

The two examples are identical on NRD cancellation impacts and FCC expiration dates, which is what we were discussing. While they may not be identical in all instances, on this topic I think it’s highly likely they will be the same eventually. Maybe the potential RCI change is a trial balloon to gauge reaction. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They dont annpunce a new policy just days before it is set to expire.  He was definitely confused about something. 

Your opinion. But, since you weren't on the call with me, and you didn't hear the multiple times he came back with more information, I think declaring him "definitely confused" is a stretch. He was quite diligent and wanted to answer the question accurately.  

And, yes, as I stated above, this change in policy appears to only affect changes, and not cancellations.