Change in PIF/Final Payment dates?

Clay Clayton

Had Viking changed their procedure regarding the PIF timing?  Just realized that our final payment for our cruise in October 2022 is 118 days before we depart-(perhaps with the international date line it works out to be 120 days before embarkation). In the past, it had been due within a day or two of us booking since we usually book only a few months out. I was expecting it to be similar this time since we are well within 365 days of the cruise. 

Not complaining….just wondering. 🤔

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Had Viking changed their procedure regarding the PIF timing?  Just realized that our final payment for our cruise in October 2022 is 118 days before we depart-(perhaps with the international date line it works out to be 120 days before embarkation). In the past, it had been due within a day or two of us booking since we usually book only a few months out. I was expecting it to be similar this time since we are well within 365 days of the cruise. 

Not complaining….just wondering. 🤔

Which cruise Clay?  And when did you deposit?  I hear some people complaining about a year out still so maybe it is demand specific.  I.e. popular cruise have to pay earlier.

14 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Which cruise Clay?  And when did you deposit?  I hear some people complaining about a year out still so maybe it is demand specific.  I.e. popular cruise have to pay earlier.

This is for Hong Kong to Bangkok. We booked under a promo but there was no mention of a revised payment date. 

1 hour ago, TayanaLorna said:

Our cruise is February 19, 2023 and our final payment is June 30th.  I was expecting it to be within days of booking as we were within a year.  Delighted it was not and did not question.  

Ours is October 27, 2022 and our final payment date is also June 30th. Only reason I am questioning is that perhaps it’s a new procedure. But the fact yours is due the same time as ours blows that concept.  

Maybe Tors has a big loan payment coming due on July 1?😂

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Ours is October 27, 2022 and our final payment date is also June 30th. Only reason I am questioning is that perhaps it’s a new procedure. But the fact yours is due the same time as ours blows that concept.  

Maybe Tors has a big loan payment coming due on July 1?😂

Could be.  Did you book yours from a Promotion?  Ours was an April and then a May promotion. Could be June too but we didn't want to take the chance.

33 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Could be.  Did you book yours from a Promotion?  Ours was an April and then a May promotion. Could be June too but we didn't want to take the chance.

Yes, it was an emailed four day long one-lower price, category upgrade, “free” air, silver spirits, and $500 shipboard credit. 

39 minutes ago, Spurlady said:

Our payment date is still a year out.   We need to be PIF by June 30, 2022 for a July 2023 cruise.  Maybe for multiple time cruisers, Viking knows that you will pay?  

Nope - we have friends who are first time Viking cruisers. They booked 2 cruises for 2023 and got a 6 month PIF for the later cruise.

If you have more than one cruise booked or booked onboard during a current sailing they will grant you PIF six months from the sailing date. It’s not automatic so you have to ask for it. We usually book the next cruise while onboard, even if it is just a placeholder. 

On 5/28/2022 at 11:40 AM, TayanaLorna said:

We are April 2023 and also due June 30, go figure.  We are a reschedule from a cancelled cruise.   

We are sailing January 2023 and final payment due September (four months before sail date).   I suspect that this is probably due to where we live......  Nevertheless grateful that we do not have to pay a full year in advance.

• Like 1