Just been turned down for OBC due to price decrease

Homestyle

We have an Alaskan cruise booked on the Eclipse for the 24th July. The price has dropped and I called to see it we could get a price reduction or OBC. The answer was a firm NO.

It isn't paid in full, as we are still waiting on a FCC to be applied to the booking 

Disappointing to say the least. 

1 minute ago, Homestyle said:

We have an Alaskan cruise booked on the Eclipse for the 24th July. The price has dropped and I called to see it we could get a price reduction or OBC. The answer was a firm NO.

It isn't paid in full, as we are still waiting on a FCC to be applied to the booking 

Disappointing to say the least.

Unless you booked through a US based TA, this is entirely normal for UK reservations.

We do not get the benefit of any drops in price now the 'Price Promise' rules are back to normal.

I don't know about the UK but here in the USA, my travel agent can reprice the cruise and get the lower price prior to making a final payment.  You should ask your travel agent about this.

Certainly in the UK if you booked prior to March 2021 you get  the ‘Cruise With Confidence- Best Offer Guarantee’ if the price drops. Only this week I got £500 per person reduction off my account!  

A whopping £2k off for my family of 4!  

Edited by Bigdrinks

28 minutes ago, Bigdrinks said:

Certainly in the UK if you booked prior to March 2021 you get  the ‘Cruise With Confidence- Best Offer Guarantee’ if the price drops. Only this week I got £500 per person reduction off my account!  

A whopping £2k off for my family of 4!  

Sorry I ment prior to March 2022

OP   If you booked prior to May 31 then your sailing should be eligible for Cruise with Confidence and you certainly should be eligible for the price drop.   Did you specifically request the OBC using CwC?  Since this program is not offered on new bookings now I wonder if the person you were dealing with even knew about the benefits your reservation was booked with.

Maybe you need to educate them with this link  https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1