QM2 questions on QG

Jacqueline

2 hours ago, Alslc said:

Thank you! So as far as I understand tea and coffee are free for everyone in the Lido/Britannia Restaurant and for Grills passengers in the Grills lounge and the Lido (of course also in the restaurant). Besides tea and coffee is there any other drink included ?

As  exlondoner said, think of the butler as a steward, but one a step up. He'/she will 'buttle' including as has been said, unpacking/packing etc but that's a bit creepy for us so no thanks!. There will be a Butler paging button on your cabin phone and he/she will respond within their working hours pretty quickly if the call isn't taken immediately and a message left You will also have an assistant butler who will do most of the cleaning.

You will receive a list of wines and spirits within an hour or two of arrival [if not, page the butler for it] from which you can chose two bottles for the cabin, any combo and they will be replaced as and when finished or nearly finished, You'll hear of folk who didn't have their bottles delivered/replaced but in hundreds of nights in QG, that has never happened to us.

There will be a bottle of sparkling stuff -Pol Acker- which is perfectly fine in orange juice and OK as a drink too if the truth be known, and a bottle of champagne.

The mixers/sodas will be of your choice and also fresh juice [orange in our case] too if you ask. Beer of your choice, both alcoholic and non alcoholic will also be provided for your fridge. Just ask.

In fact, just ask. The Butler and the Grills Concierge are there to help and nothing is too much trouble for either.

There's a coffee machine in the cabin, Illy if I recall correctly and the coffee pods are replaced as and when required. I always ask for  a small jug of milk in the fridge which is replaced every day.

Non alcoholic speciality coffees are available in the Grills lounge whenever the bar is staffed, teas too. I usually ask the wait staff for a Latte after lunch and someone fetches it for me.

Then there's QG off menu dining. If there's something you fancy to eat and it's not on the menu, as long as the ingredients are on the ship, if you ask the day before or at breakfast time,  the galley will prepare it for you. Some of the dishes are usually prepared for two but smile nicely, and you might get lucky. 

Many dishes are finished table side by the Maître d' or your Head Waiter. Watch the flames when the dish is flambéed . I have yet to see the ceiling  scorched but at times it looks a close run thing.

That's it for now but just remember, once onboard, if in doubt ASK. 🙂

Have fun

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Is your father also booked Queens Grill. It is Cunard's policy that passengers may dine "down" but not "up" Ie. If your father is not Queens Grill then you may join him in his designated dining room but he may not join you in Queens Grill.

Yes -- we are all booked in QG/

Your butler will help with many things:

Have your pillows set the way you like them

Fill your fridge daily with your soft drinks as requested

Organise your room if you are having a wee party inc. extra chairs, glasses and HOT canapes

See to your laundry needs

Deliver your fruit and or snacks and nibbles

Deliver an early morning cuppa at a set time daily (I hate the coffee machine)

and more

There is also a room steward and they often work together when making up your room.

You will also have access to the concierge who can organise invitations, planetarium tickets and any other reservations required. 

• Like 2